Cooked dinner for your lover lately?

King Rat

• Members

Oh {censored} this made me laugh:

Every single couple I meet these days is a complete embarrassment. Ben and Jerrying their way towards mediocrity and irrelevance, downloading mini-series in their snug Peter Alexander pyjamas pretending they are {censored}ing adults with their laptop HBO. If you are one of those couples I can guarantee your parents are {censored}ing ashamed of you and your comfortable pants and 8 hour tie-less work days reading top 10 Banksy picture galleries and flash-mob YouTubes at work. In their day, when the relationship hit that stale couple-of-year mark, they were {censored}ing choking and pissing on each other while being duct taped to barbed wire, or going on proper holidays - like three uncontactable years in South America catching some romantic Malaria (as opposed to 6 months in London via Facebook catching functional Chlamydia).

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by TomVanDeven

View Post

A site where people try to do nice things and get paragraphs of ridicule instead? No thanks.

yeahh. seems like a great thing to complain about.

i cook for my girlfriend whenever she's over. or her for me when i'm over. or we both cook. idk, what were we thread about again?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by PKTrono

View Post

yeahh. seems like a great thing to complain about.

i cook for my girlfriend whenever she's over. or her for me when i'm over. or we both cook. idk, what were we thread about again?

Lets thread about our lovers. love.gif

I'm still polishing off a plate of lavender honey cookies she made last week. Tasty little things.

• Members

View Post

A site where people try to do nice things and get paragraphs of ridicule instead? No thanks.

My gf is a great little cook, FWIW. And an even better baker.

Yeah but when your "nice things" consist of a box of mac and cheese or take out food combined with a candle for instant romance points and you decide to put it on the internet like you're {censored}ing Casanova, you're kind of asking for a little ridicule.

Also, I lol'd hard at

tumblr_lwa0zaZR5k1r5f1uio1_500.jpg

"It

• Members

The only complaint that I have are that blogs like these are going to only become more and more numerous and continue the growing trend of unapologetic assholitry replacing thought because its good for a cheap laugh. It's not like these people ever care about this guy tearing into him, but you can almost smell the dissonance of the sear from the writer calling these people mediocre and his own embittered struggle to muster up one ounce of meaning from what is probably an equally futile life wrapped in the {censored}-stained rejection of anything not up to his own projected tastes. That sounds like a Sarah Palinism but this kind of piss and vinegar only really comes from people that truly find themselves locked into some kind Manichaeist battle between the worst of all mortal sins--mediocrity--and that underground of minority of wisdom-seekers.

• Members

View Post

Lets thread about our lovers. love.gif

I'm still polishing off a plate of lavender honey cookies she made last week. Tasty little things.

sounds good! my girlfriend left me with some apple sauce and i finished up leftovers from sunday for lunch today. some picadillo and a salad with this great dressing she makes. foooooooood love.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by pbone

View Post

The only complaint that I have are that blogs like these are going to only become more and more numerous and continue the growing trend of unapologetic assholitry replacing thought because its good for a cheap laugh. It's not like these people ever care about this guy tearing into him, but you can almost smell the dissonance of the sear from the writer calling these people mediocre and his own embittered struggle to muster up one ounce of meaning from what is probably an equally futile life wrapped in the {censored}-stained rejection of anything not up to his own projected tastes. That sounds like a Sarah Palinism but this kind of piss and vinegar only really comes from people that truly find themselves locked into some kind Manichaeist battle between the worst of all mortal sins--mediocrity--and that underground of minority of wisdom-seekers.

Agreed. The trick to being 'cool' is to not be an asshole but not to care either. Say stuff like "You just do your thing, and I do mine, man, or whatever". Zen Buddhism and stuff, a Ni Ten Ichi Ryu approach to daily interactions and default attitudes. But that's not as entertaining as being an asshole or watching/accepting someone while they're being an asshole.

"Everything in this picture is the crux of identity for pedestrian nothing cunts" was my favorite sentence amidst the blog.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by pbone

View Post

It's just a blog bro.

But go ahead and keep on thinking a lot. You are good at it.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by d4rk0

View Post

In 7 years of marriage, and the 5 years that we dated before that, I have cooked for my wife exactly 2 times.

Man up!

This week alone I made: roasted lamb, roasted chicken, and steak tips. tonight was her night. Bison and Beef Chili. I love this woman.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by 9520575

View Post

Man up!

This week alone I made: roasted lamb, roasted chicken, and steak tips. tonight was her night. Bison and Beef Chili. I love this woman.

Bison with beef chili on the side or was it chili featuring beef + bison?

If it's the second- why?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by decode6

View Post

^^^Some people just can't cook.

I'd agree, if it wasn't so simple to cook. Mole Poblano are impossible to make. I did that once, along with tamales. Tamales tasted great, but we both got the {censored}s, real bad.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Zappa74

View Post

Bison with beef chili on the side or was it chili featuring beef + bison?

If it's the second- why?

Bison and beef in the chili. I'm not sure why she made it with both, I don't think they taste so much different from one another, but that's what she made. My girlfriend loves bison meat for some reason. I'm not going to knock her for it, but she has bison fever

• Members

View Post

Bison and beef in the chili. I'm not sure why she made it with both, I don't think they taste so much different from one another, but that's what she made. My girlfriend loves bison meat for some reason. I'm not going to knock her for it, but she has bison fever

bison is delicious

• Members

View Post

Ah, cool.

Yeah, I wouldn't ask questions either. If someone brings you chili and it has 2 similar tasting meats in it- you don't quiz them about it. You eat the chili and say thanks. Good call.

• Members

I'm 100% guilty of enjoying cheap laughs. People being made fun of is great! But too be honest, most of that food looked aight. I guess I'm just not that picky idn_smilie.gif

I really just enjoy making fun of people that take pics of their food in the first place. The "this looks great, let me get my camera" mentality is pretty {censored}ing stupid.

Archived