2x12 combos: What are you guys using?

Cisco

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Suggest; JVM205C (50 watts, 2 x 12), Blackstar 60 (60 watts, 2 x 12).

I actually have a JVM410C (100 watts, 2 x 12) and a Blackstar Soloist (60 watts, 1 x 12).

I prefer 1 x 12 combo's. I also use a Tech21 Tradmark 60 ( 60 watts, 1 x 12). The 2 x 12's are freak'in heavy!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by npfrs

View Post

Easily far less on the used market.

IIRC, I paid 1400 USD for my Maz 38, which came with a padded cover and a Brake Lite. So it would be more like $1275 after selling those items in the used market. It is {censored}ing loud, and it doesn't sound quite as nice with the attenuator, but fortunately the MV is pretty good on that amp. Great pedal platform.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by jhamnett

View Post

Came here to post this. Pull two tubes and it's 50 Watts... but google how to because there's rules for doing it.

Pulling two tubes in a V4/VT-22, while it'll function, is a really bad idea. You'll go through those tubes SO incredibly fast you won't even know what hit you. I know this from experience icon_lol.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Beyer160

View Post

Ampeg VT-22 FTW.

True, it's 100 very, very underrated watts so it's much more power than you said you wanted. But they're great amps, and you can pick up a '70s warhorse that rivals modern boutique amps at a fraction of the cost.

Or you could grab a VT-40, great amp as well. I've only played a Genz Benz Black Peral twice but both times I was blown away by how great it sounded and it the price it usually goes for used I've been tempted more than once to pick one up.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by live-I-evil

View Post

... I've only played a Genz Benz Black Peral twice but both times I was blown away by how great it sounded and it the price it usually goes for used I've been tempted more than once to pick one up.

That's how I felt about it. The Black Pearl is a sweet amp. They are discontinued now I think but stores still have them.

Archived