Cancer Fundraiser

Hiwatt Bob

• Members

started a new thread--in case people thought the other thread was a HM troll thread.

***Ok, Here's the deal***

go to this page: http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraise...-day-at-a-time

This charity raffle is going to be supporting curing childhood cancer--since Phil respectfully requested that it be donated to another org. Couldn't find American Cancer Society on this site--so i went with the Kids.

Here are the rules:

Donate at the site, and display your user name--make sure you don't check the box that hides your name.

For every $10 donation, you'll recieve 1 raffle entry.

For every $20 donation, you'll recieve 3 raffle entries.

For every $30 donation, you'll recieve 5 raffle entries.

Deadline to contribute for raffle entry will be December 1st, 2012 at noon. Raffle drawing will be done shortly after--we'll have to find a neutral party to do the drawing, maybe Phil if he's not too busy fighting spammers.

Prizes: WINNERS IN BOLD

KLON KTR (donated by anonymous) -- WilsonEffectsII

Diamond Memory Lane Jr. (donated by Juri) -- Olle Norin

Haunting Mids v3 Fuzz (donated by Hiwatt Bob) -- mmolteratx

One-of-a-kind SuperRat titled the "Murinae" (built and donated by Hotmess) -- CrystalLake

BJFE Sea Blue EQ clone (built and donated by Cryptosonic) -- Matt Gnarly

EAD pedal (built and donated by WeStartToDrift) -- Martha KH

Shoe brand pedal (built and donated by V) -- Beasleyboy

Red Panda Context reverb pedal (donated by RedPandaCurt) -- CrystalLake

Danelectro Black Licorice Octave Dist (new in box, donated by Aedes) -- Brandnewzo

Used Boss Flanger BF-2 (donated by Macadood) -- GLD

FreekishBlues Red Dot pedal (donated by FreekishBlues) -- dzjupp

Used Boss DD-20 Delay (donated by Riffy) -- mmolteratx

Used Guyatone ST-2 Compressor (donated by Caeman) -- FreekishBlues

Used Ibanez LoFi (donated by Texas Noise Factory)-- macadood

RoboPimp'd Color Sound Overdriver (donated by Mmolteratx) -- Caeman

Used Mooer Trelicopter (donated by Starmansam) -- Matt Gnarly

$25 Best Buy gift card (donated by Beasleyboy) -- Tron F Murphy

Update--i forgot to raffle a mystery pedal (donated by macadood), and Matt Gnarly said we could re-draw the trelicopter, since he doesn't need trem. No one knows who GLD is--so we redrew it. GLD, if you see this--contact me, i'll give you my BF-2.

so winners are:

Mystery pedal (donated by macadood) -- PK pretty sure this is PKtrono

Trelicopter (re-donated by Matt Gnarly) -- Caeman muther{censored}er be LUCKY tonight!

Used Boss Flanger BF-2 (donated by Macadood) -- Succor

New info:
After the raffle deadline closes tomorrow Dec 1st at noon central time--I'm going to post a summarized list of the donors including total $'s donated and raffle tix issued (including 2for1 bonus tix). Please review that list when it's posted to make sure I haven't missed anything. My plan is to do the raffle at some point on Sunday--so that should give people at least a day to review the list.

I will be using that list to generate the new spreadsheet with the actual raffle entry rows (tickets). And I took the Gorilla guy's advice about just using Excel's internal random number generator, seems to work--and it's all contained on that sheet so it will be easy to film the results. For transparency and accountability--I can email the Excel file containing both spreadsheets to anyone who'd like to see it (in case anybody dare's to doubt my infallible credibility).

Just trying to do everything i can to avoid any bHz...there will always be bHz, just trying to minimize it as much as possible.

And in the interest of soothing bHz, i need to clarify in advance: any anonymous donations were not issued tix. and some donations came in at odd amounts like $22.22, $30.96, $98, $119, etc. In those cases i pretty much rounded up/down (generally only rounded up if it was within $2). I'm sure someone's going to bitch that $119 shouldn't get $120 worth of tix--but as the self-appointed grand poobah of this raffle, i'm making the exec decision, because it's easier for me to work with. Please do not make a new donations testing this--please make round number donations in $10 multiples.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Some more info on the pedal:

The Murinae is a distortion/feedbacker circuit using essentially the same building blocks of a ProCo Rat, but with a much different range and sound (less harsh, but capable of more gain) and with a modified Baxandall EQ. It'll feature a cool sloped enclosure, six knobs (Gain, Feedback, Volume, Treble, Middle, Bass), a diode clipping toggle, and a momentary footswitch to engage the feedback.

I'll post a video once it's finished.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by hotmess View Post
Some more info on the pedal:

The Murinae is a distortion/feedbacker circuit using essentially the same building blocks of a ProCo Rat, but with a much different range and sound (less harsh, but capable of more gain) and with a modified Baxandall EQ. It'll feature a cool sloped enclosure, six knobs (Gain, Feedback, Volume, Treble, Middle, Bass), a diode clipping toggle, and a momentary footswitch to engage the feedback.

I'll post a video once it's finished.
sounds pretty cool--

• Members

Keep it going guys!

Quote Originally Posted by 4nd3h View Post
hotmess tell me moar about that feedback
It's kind of like Beavis Audio's feedback loop or DBA's Total Sonic Annihilation, but unlike those, the feedback isn't through the entire circuit. It's a lot better this way and can only be done through modding a pedal, as opposed to making a feedback looper.

• Members

Oh and I wasn't sure if you guys want to try and go outside the forum as well to raise more money and such I can advertise this a few other places. If we could get a few more builders and companies to kick in some more goodies I think this bitch could crack 5G's easily. It all depends on what you want to do as I know quite a few different builders I could contact to donate as well.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by wilsoneffectsll View Post
Hey guys if you need a couple more things to sweeten the pot I'll donate a couple a pedals to the cause as well. I'll throw in 2 pedals for 2 separate prizes. We'll do the winners pick the pedal they want. Once their name is drawn as a winner of one of the 2 whoever is doing the drawing just let me know who the winners are then they can contact me to claim their prize. I donated as well so if I win my own prize have a do over.
Quote Originally Posted by wilsoneffectsll View Post
Oh and I wasn't sure if you guys want to try and go outside the forum as well to raise more money and such I can advertise this a few other places. If we could get a few more builders and companies to kick in some more goodies I think this bitch could crack 5G's easily. It all depends on what you want to do as I know quite a few different builders I could contact to donate as well.
That is {censored}ing awesome Wilson!! You've always been very generous, but this is top notch. I have zero qualms about this being posted at other forums--i know Phil is very well respected just about everywhere (even MCFX). In fact, it'd be awesome if the HM crew made a big push to try to get their pedal back....(no trolling, just good ol' competititon).

And any other builder donations will be welcomed and greatly appreciated!

• Members

I just built up a SBEQ and stuck it to my board then read this thread and pulled it off. It is now a raffle prize.

{censored} cancer.

That's awesome Crypto--very generous of you!!!

Also, Matt Gnarly gettin all creative with his $22.22 bid. Still only worth 3 tickets, but it's mysterious and intriguing.

Archived