Guys with DIY pedalboard.

• Members

Having owned a Pedaltrain in the past, I can't see any benefit to having a sloped board whatsoever other than being able to put a power supply underneath it. The thing is, sloped or not, the pedals are still on the same level with each other so it being sloped makes no difference at all. I'd rather have split tiers than a sloped board.

• Members

This is my most current version. The black peg board is attached to a laptop elevator, which is on hinges. That means when I sit it on a table top to dial in I can erect it like you see for easy access to all the pedal knobs. When on the floor, it's almost flat and can be angled all the way up to 90 degrees if I like. I'm putting a second one together now with a wah, a Big Muff, and a few others. All the pedels below are run off one Godlyke wall wart.
GuitarFile64.jpg

• Members

my perfect board would be like a helweg

i use a pedaltrain pro, but i wish a) the slots werent so damn wide, and b) it had maybe a inch or so more clearance underneath. and a bottom cover.

i designed a bottom cover, trying to get it made from sheet metal soon, and thinking about making some sort of leg extensions for that extra inch of height.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Y0UNGBL00D View Post

i use a pedaltrain pro, but i wish a) the slots werent so damn wide, and b) it had maybe a inch or so more clearance underneath. and a bottom cover.

i designed a bottom cover, trying to get it made from sheet metal soon, and thinking about making some sort of leg extensions for that extra inch of height.
I saw a PT Mini that had some of those rubber chair leg protector things on the bottom of them that gave it about an extra half inch or more. I think they were part of the Brim mod for the Fuel Tank Jr to be able to fit under there.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Y0UNGBL00D View Post

What is a helweg?

• Members

http://www.helwegpedalboards.com/

there are others like them too, blackbird, etc.

ps: van, you ordered that gls audio cable kit too, right? man that cable is garbage. super thin hot wire, pulls through the insulation if you tug too hard while stripping when doing patch cables. pointer: do one end all soldered up, then clip to length. guess it'll work though.

Archived