Apogee Duet 2?

-Norge-

• Members

haven't had it for that long so I'm still getting used to it, but I like that its small, portable, USB powered and sounds good. the interface for setting levels took a bit getting used to and I still don't really use the touch pads much. i don't like the squid cable, it just seems to get in the way, the breakout box is a bit better but of course another $80 and I don't like having the outs in front beside the inputs, they should be on the back like every other interface. no headphone out on the breakout box sucks too. I don't like only haing two ins and having to remap my projects all the time when going from track to track, but that's the trade off for something small and portable. it's expensive too. being Mac only is a bit of a drawback as well, and is the only reason I kept my old interface on my windows machine.

at this point it's been out for a while and would have been nice to be USB3 or even thunderbolt instead of USB2, but I haven't noticed much latency. I'm just doing demos with a limited amount of tracks though, it may slow down with a heavier load?

really depends on what you need. sound quality & portability vs flexibility and cost.

Archived