Thickest Chorus and Compressor

fenderguitar

• Members

most squished compressor that i really liked was the Boss CS-3 with the Monte Allums Opto Plus mod. if you're comfortable working with some small electronics it was quite easy to do yourself and REALLY made the thing quiet and usable. Was not a fan of it stock, very loud at big squish settings.

as far as chorus the Thunder Tomate Analog chorus is pretty thick, the Red Witch Empress can be scored used for around $200 too.

Boss CS-1 is extremely compressed sounding - to the point where it really works best with single note lines as opposed to chords. Much more usable in the real-world IMHO is a good Orange Squeezer clone.

As far as chorus goes, the CE-1 is still a great choice, as is the CE-2, but there are other solid chorus pedals out there, such as the EarthQuaker Devices Sea Machine and Diamond Halo Chorus.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Frankenstrat86 View Post
I'm gonna give another +1 to the thunder tomate macadood is selling. Both me and V owned that one and it is thick. I also like the mooer ensemble king as well.
the thunder tomate is sold biggrin.gif sold it to a swell hipster chap here in toronto in a neat indie band. i plugged it in at his band space to show him it works and remembered how good it actually sounds frown.gif if only it could go 0-100% wet mix instead of level, go faster, and go deeper it would be perfect.

and yea, picked up the Ensemble King on the mooer sale and i'm digging it quite a bit too.

Archived