No announcement yet.

Thickest Chorus and Compressor

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thickest Chorus and Compressor

Looking for thick sounding chorus and squished out compressor. Not looking for transparent or subtle sounds. These will be used with EHX superego, shimmer reverb, and EQ organizer for ambient and synth sounds. Budget under $200 each. Thanks.

most squished compressor that i really liked was the Boss CS-3 with the Monte Allums Opto Plus mod. if you're comfortable working with some small electronics it was quite easy to do yourself and REALLY made the thing quiet and usable. Was not a fan of it stock, very loud at big squish settings.

as far as chorus the Thunder Tomate Analog chorus is pretty thick, the Red Witch Empress can be scored used for around $200 too.
    YᵒᵘOᶰˡʸLᶤᵛᵉ OᶰᶜᵉRobopimp wrote:Chat crüe is srs crüeFor Sale: Ibanez DML-10, Boss TW-1, Boss FZ-2/3Good deals with: Duderanimous, Overwhelmed987, Jules-RM, DoubleBarrel, HotRats, Fusion1, IRG, barney steele, Aaron SS, Urinate Forever, Raintes, crowquill, Blakemore Effects, Aimmar Cair, lefort_1, killthelights, 9720575 (CHUCK!)

Comment

I've owned a lot of CHORUSES and the Ce-1 takes the cake by far as far as thickness goes (even over ce-1 copies, strangely enough).
      Formerly known as Spoonie G.

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/7874/spoileri.jpg

Comment

That Thunder Tomate in the spam thread is nice and thick i believe. I used to own it but got a Clusterflux so...Clusterflux is also the perfect chorus but it's $$$
        www.shoepedals.com

Comment

I'm gonna give another +1 to the thunder tomate macadood is selling. Both me and V owned that one and it is thick. I also like the mooer ensemble king as well.
          www.ChrisBedward.com
          Endorsements/Affiliations: Barlow Guitars, Shoe Pedals, Red Bear Picks, Armor Gold Cables-Xitone Cabs

Comment

Dynacomp and Neo Clone.
            Selling:

Mini mixer £25 posted. Good size for pedalboards.
            EHX 24v DC adapter £12 posted
            Dual momentary footswitch £20 posted.
            Telecaster 3 way switch and vintage jack socket. £5 posted

Excellent dealings with AncientMariner, Chucknorris1982, Daysofspeed, Kurd01, Melx, SirLemonHead, and a few of others I can't remember. . .

Comment

Boss CS-1 is extremely compressed sounding - to the point where it really works best with single note lines as opposed to chords. Much more usable in the real-world IMHO is a good Orange Squeezer clone.

As far as chorus goes, the CE-1 is still a great choice, as is the CE-2, but there are other solid chorus pedals out there, such as the EarthQuaker Devices Sea Machine and Diamond Halo Chorus.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Thick chorus = Arion SCH-1. Fat in a way that other choruses I've tried don't compare to.
                Great trades with Tengo, Goldie-gold, Ancient Mariner, TritoneTerror and lowbrow

Comment

Analogman Clone Chorus is the only chorus I have owned and it is the shizzle. I've had it for 12 years (#45). He now makes a whole slew of chorus pedals, and I believe some of them get fat and juicy. Pricey, though.
                  ... puppets jerking on their strings ...

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenstrat86
                    View Post

I'm gonna give another +1 to the thunder tomate macadood is selling. Both me and V owned that one and it is thick. I also like the mooer ensemble king as well.

the thunder tomate is sold sold it to a swell hipster chap here in toronto in a neat indie band. i plugged it in at his band space to show him it works and remembered how good it actually sounds if only it could go 0-100% wet mix instead of level, go faster, and go deeper it would be perfect.

and yea, picked up the Ensemble King on the mooer sale and i'm digging it quite a bit too.
                    YᵒᵘOᶰˡʸLᶤᵛᵉ OᶰᶜᵉRobopimp wrote:Chat crüe is srs crüeFor Sale: Ibanez DML-10, Boss TW-1, Boss FZ-2/3Good deals with: Duderanimous, Overwhelmed987, Jules-RM, DoubleBarrel, HotRats, Fusion1, IRG, barney steele, Aaron SS, Urinate Forever, Raintes, crowquill, Blakemore Effects, Aimmar Cair, lefort_1, killthelights, 9720575 (CHUCK!)

Comment

the DL4 has really thick sounding chorus, so I'd guess the Line 6 Space Chorus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbBogXqRZso

Comment

Out of the ones I've used I'de say that the Retro-sonic chorus (CE-1 clone) is pretty thick. Neo-clone is pretty damn thick too.
                        Good Dealings: Riffhead, Booher, Budkingston,THSea, Senor-Penguin, Itsatimemachine, rxkid75, Mueller, Leaves, Stevenglass, iamthearm, stratedge09, Hosebeast

http://www.myspace.com/mandoc80

Comment

I have this in the SPAM thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2ncJKvUCsg
                          "Who's they?!" - The Emperor

Great trades with dangolguitartec, brewen, RelicJunky, jim in nc, PedalHead, Saturnine10, jonnyrocket.

Comment

Want thick compression? Try two Guyatone ST-2's in serial.
                            - ChadEndorsing Artist: Cave Passive Pedals

Comment

Cosmichorus

Black Finger
                              -Ming Pau Moe

Great Deals/References

Comment

Working...
                              X