Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeing Zappa plays Zappa on Saturday night.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeing Zappa plays Zappa on Saturday night.

At the Roundhouse. Stoked! Woman done got us tix for ma birt'day.
    my band Bloody Mammals on facebook and bandcamp

Awesome. I saw him 2 years ago and it was a fantastic show. He was running a full Snax FX rig as well

ARC Effects
    ARC Effects On Facebook

List of Positive Transactions

Comment

Cool. I saw them on their first tour when they had Vai, Bozzio and Napoleon Murphy Brock. Haven't caught them since though.

Really impressive group of musicians. Dweezil is quite good on guitar. Vai was a ton of fun.
      I didn't come here to save whales, I came here to get laid and make rock 'n' roll

Comment

I don't generally like Vai's playing at all but I imagine in that context he'd probably be a decent nice addition. I can appreciate his talent though. I have no idea what the line-up will be. I heard Dweezil might be using the prototype Gibson Zappa SG ($10,000).

Comment

Yeah I'll be there too Loobs. Got a ticket for my birthday. Have been meaning to see ZPZ for about 3/4 years now and finally got a ticket! I'm psyched.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by WAWBanks
            View Post

Have been meaning to see ZPZ for about 3/4 years now and finally got a ticket! I'm psyched.

this. Except I has no ticket.
            This sig space for rent

Good deals with: big Idiot, crowquill, DylanWilde, twanguero, big_cat, starmansam, christianatl, nd1377, gigant0r, cmog, SweetOblivion, GAS_KING, aussy, BHz_econo, light_years, WeStartToDrift, TheQuietWilds, seblo_15, loosegroove

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by WAWBanks
              View Post

Yeah I'll be there too Loobs. Got a ticket for my birthday. Have been meaning to see ZPZ for about 3/4 years now and finally got a ticket! I'm psyched.

Cool. Let's both post about it on Harmony Central the minute we get in and proclaim how awesome it was.

or not.

Comment

High five. Saw them and Return to Forever around a year ago here in Dallas. ZPZ is probably the tightest band I've ever seen live and Chick Corea came out to jam with them. Dweezil's a freaking monster too; he could play circles around so many other top players.
                Great transactions with: http://www.thegearpage.net/board/sho...&postcount=438

Spam: http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...House-Cleaning

Comment

Yeah, he is a very good player. Doesn't sound like Frank though. Frank had a totally unique tone/style.

Comment

And badass facial hair.
                    ARC Effects
                    ARC Effects On Facebook

List of Positive Transactions

Comment

Yup. Speaking of Frank:

http://www.dawsons.co.uk/blog/gibson...otype-revealed

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Loobs
                        View Post

Gibson wouldn't do one when he was a alive. **************** Gibson. **************** Henry J.

Color looks wrong.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Loobs
                          View Post

At the Roundhouse. Stoked! Woman done got us tix for ma birt'day.

If you're a Zappa fan, you're going to love it - my kids went and said it's a terrific show!

PS Happy Birthday!

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

I'd love to see zpz. Tell me if they play Peaches en regalia.
                            Good deals with: manfrommars, loosegroove, cavitation, sxyryan, enjoyadrian, decode6

Comment

I think it's a staple of the set.

Comment

Working...
                              X