NGD craigslist score

Mistersuperfly

• Members

Since I had to sell my 339 a year or two ago to pay rent when I was out of a job for a bit I've been craving a Gibson Semi... This popped up on CL a few days ago here in Nashville (We have the best craigslist ever, it keeps me poor and happy) so I had to snap it up. She's a Midtown Custom, basically somewhere in between a Les Paul and a 335, solid carved mahogany back with a solid maple top, Burstbucker 2 and 3 (which may become Fralin Unbuckers with coil taps depending on how much these grow on me). Plays really well, strangely enough it has a damn near flat radius to go along with its 60's profile neck... not your normal Gibson for sure. Still had the plastic on it and everything.

I was unloading the trailer today so I figured I'd snap a few shots because it's so nice outside right now.

midtowncustom6133.jpg
midtowncustom6132.jpg

GLAMOUR SHOT FOR EFFECT

midtowncustom6150.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mistersuperfly

View Post

Thanks! It's a Canon 5D mk.II with a 24-70 2.8L

damn thats a nice (and expensive) lens.

might be a really good candidate for my next lens purchase. you super happy with it? i was thinking of maybe the 10-22mm canon wide angle, but this seems way more practical as I currently ahve nothing lower than a fixed 50mm. this would have me covered for everythign along with my 70-200 L

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by macadood

View Post

damn thats a nice (and expensive) lens.

might be a really good candidate for my next lens purchase. you super happy with it? i was thinking of maybe the 10-22mm canon wide angle, but this seems way more practical as I currently ahve nothing lower than a fixed 50mm. this would have me covered for everythign along with my 70-200 L

It's a great lens that I unfortunately don't get to use enough... If you're not using a full frame camera I'd say save some money and get a lens like the 17-55 2.8is which would cover the same ground while being lighter, (supposedly) sharper and with image stabilization.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by chrispsullivan

View Post

Does that have the richlite fretboard? I almost picked one of those up, but the traditionalist in me wouldn't let me get past the weird fretboard material.

It does, it honestly just feels like ebony to me, it's the same stuff Martin uses nowadays too... I don't mind it.

View Post

also, did you do any post processing on them pictures? smile.gif

Just some color and exposure in Lightroom, kinda tough to tell on the camera what I was getting in broad daylight.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Player99

View Post

Nice. I had a 339 and found the cutaway too small for my hand.

View Post

tumblr_mbqa9q6PHH1ru9319.gif

oh ok, mr 9.9"

It's true...They scaled the 335 down, including the cutaway opening. I could not get my hand in the cutaway. I sold it for that reason.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by TomVanDeven

View Post

S'good man. Really good.

Any up to date board shots?

Thanks! I don't have a fancy pic or anything, but here's one I snapped while at Oceanway yesterday... You can see pretty much everything except for the Hilton on the far right. The SDD-3KP is the newest followed by the Colour Boost, both of which I like quite a bit for different things, not your normal boutiquey overdrive sounds. The PS-5 is gonna become a Flint soon, that's the next move.

pedalboards.jpg

Archived