• Time
  • Show
Clear All

didnt u make this thread like 4 months ago

Comment

then wire in a muff tone stack
      sons of SUNN

pedlolboard
      skullytone fx living dead drive > russian spi sanford and sonny bluebeard (((in triphonic))) Red*bear mk120 > 68 sunn 200s > ampeg v2 > your earpussies

good tranny shared with Severed Pumpkin MakuseruSukotto theAntihero X2 Dr. Doom Shamdog Bobby D Noise. . . Ancient X2

Comment

It's the same wiring as a Godin Radiator. Seems funky right up until you need a quick tone change mid-song or use a different tone each song, at which point it becomes irritating. Works OK for bass players because most just pick one tone and stick with it for an entire set. When I started playing bass I asked the question on a bass forum about putting a switch in for pickup selection and got asked "why would anyone do that?".
        http://tertl.blogspot.com - The Blog of the Ancient Mariner

Grumpy old man from the Yew Kay.

WTB Emi Ramrod

Dirty 30 AC30 Crew

Good deals with Darxcide, MetalheadUK, Farmer Geddon, Lanefair, Chris006, ChrisB, Zoidberg, Uncle Psychosis, Krashpad, Loobs, stevemcb, Prauny, Benecol, Muttz, axis player, Ratae Coritanorum.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by NITROHOLIC
          View Post

Oh, hello volume loss
          www.shoepedals.com

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by NITROHOLIC
            View Post

Oh, hello volume loss
            www.shoepedals.com

Comment

Oh, hello volume loss.

I'm actually a set and forget kinda guy, so I think this will be awesome. I'm a rhythm player. I just need that nice semi crunch jangle and I'm set.
              http://rosecassidy.bandcamp.com

Comment

Sounds ideal then.
                http://tertl.blogspot.com - The Blog of the Ancient Mariner

Grumpy old man from the Yew Kay.

WTB Emi Ramrod

Dirty 30 AC30 Crew

Good deals with Darxcide, MetalheadUK, Farmer Geddon, Lanefair, Chris006, ChrisB, Zoidberg, Uncle Psychosis, Krashpad, Loobs, stevemcb, Prauny, Benecol, Muttz, axis player, Ratae Coritanorum.

Comment

It's the same wiring as a Godin Radiator. Seems funky right up until you need a quick tone change mid-song or use a different tone each song, at which point it becomes irritating. Works OK for bass players because most just pick one tone and stick with it for an entire set. When I started playing bass I asked the question on a bass forum about putting a switch in for pickup selection and got asked "why would anyone do that?".

Another VERY good point. I wouldn't want to run without a pickup switch - at least not on the guitar. On bass, it's less of an issue for exactly the reason you mentioned. While I tend to switch tones a bit more often than "once per set", it's easy enough to dial up what I need from song to song. Mid-song changes are less common, but my main bass has active electronics and a bit more flexible controls than what a J or P bass has, so even if I want to change something as I'm playing, it isn't hard to do. Still, a switch would make it easier to go from one sound to another quickly, and I'm surprised more basses don't feature them. OTOH, many have pickup blend knobs, which can serve a similar purpose, but with added mix flexibility.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

^ that's what I'm talkin bout.
                    —-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello, friend.

Comment

I wouldn't need to go from one sound to another quickly. Mostly just a set and forget strum the **************** out of.

Good info in here. Thanks guys.
                      http://rosecassidy.bandcamp.com

Comment

Working...
                      X