FWIW, I did a demo of all the pedals on my current board :)

draelyc

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by macadood

View Post

kewl, nice board indeed. what are the two matching rising sun and fireball pedals do

Thanks! thumb.gif

The Fireball is an overdrive. I don't dig it too much for distortion into a clean amp, but it works great as a boost & can be dialed to be very transparent. The boost function adds mids & has a separate gain knob, so I use that for faux metal tones with the Plexi (the very last bit of the demo is the Fireball od with the boost engaged running into the amp set dirty).

The New Rising Sun is a "triple clean boost" (that's how Banzai marketed it). It has a preamp circuit that can be toggled on/off to keep you from losing signal over long cable runs, and that's separate from the two footswitchable boosts, each of which can get up to 20db of boost. The cool thing is the switchable boosts can be run series or parallel. I run them parallel so one boost goes in front of my od pedal & into the amp's input and the other is at the end of my fx loop chain for solo volume jumps.

C

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by sleewell

View Post

really great playing and sounds!!!! loved the nasty bit near the end!!!!!!!

all the modulations and delays sound really good though, bet that is tons of fun to play!!!

Thanks, mang! One thing I'm learning from the Plexi is that it takes way less gain than I thought to get nasty! wink.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by solewheelin

View Post

There should be more threads like this.

Good {censored}.

Choralflange is like the best sounding chorus and i'll bet the RV7 compliments the Carbon Copy well.

2 common pedals that I haven't really tried.. well, just for a minute with the CC.

Thanks, mang. The CF was the first "nice" pedal I ever bought & it's been the longest in my possession of anything on that board.

The Carbon Copy actually knocked an Analogman-modded DMM off my board a few years back. Didn't get a great representation of the Hardwire 'verb pedal in this clip (level was dialed low), but it's very classy, imo.

Thanks for listening. thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by vinnies

View Post

sounds good - that chorus is sweet, but it's so {censored}ing big

That's the downside, for sure. The only times it's been off my board over the years have been when I juat didn't have enough space & something had to go.

Archived