Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on the Line 6 M5

I've been looking to buy a delay, (I had settled on saving for a dd-20) But I also somewhere down the line wanted to buy a verbzilla, a ring mod, chorus, and a tremolo of some sort. It appears like the Line 6 M5 has a good bit of variety and compared to buying a bunch of individual pedals would save money. I was wondering what M5 owners (Or M13 and M9 owners) thought. Any help is appreciated! Also, does it have a dotted 8th delay? I looked around but couldn't figure it out...
    My name is Christian. I make musical noises.Guitars: Epiphone LP Studio & Dot Studio, Fender MiM Telecaster & Blacktop JazzmasterPedals: Whammy 4 > EB VP jr > Vox Wah > Fulltone OCD > EH BM (Russia, black) > TC Electronic Nova Mod > Boss DD3 > Vox DelaylabAmp: Vox AC15c1

If I was going to go down that road again, I'd rather just have an M9. One effect at a time was sorta limiting... especially with the placement issues I ran into trying to integrate it into a traditional stomp rig.
    Guitars: G&L ASAT Classic Custom & Gibson Les Paul Studio || Amp: Dr. Z Maz 8 Studio
    Pedalboard: Disaster Area DPC-5 > Diamond Compressor, Skreddy LMMD, Timmy, Turbo Tuner, Strymon Timeline & Flint

My YouTube Channel

Comment

The Line6 stuff is good but the new Zoom stuff looks equally good if not better for this kind of thing.
      Selling:

Mini mixer £25 posted. Good size for pedalboards.
      EHX 24v DC adapter £12 posted
      Dual momentary footswitch £20 posted.
      Telecaster 3 way switch and vintage jack socket. £5 posted

Excellent dealings with AncientMariner, Chucknorris1982, Daysofspeed, Kurd01, Melx, SirLemonHead, and a few of others I can't remember. . .

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Crxsh
        View Post

If I was going to go down that road again, I'd rather just have an M9. One effect at a time was sorta limiting... especially with the placement issues I ran into trying to integrate it into a traditional stomp rig.

This.

Plus no looper, the M9/13 looper is ace
        Originally Posted by RoboPimp

doesn't everyone have a psychedelic dungeon?

Cool people : Tengo, jah_vengeance, Supernova9, scott_tele, 21rush12, HeartfeltDawn, Kaz2550, Kayzer, daysofspeed, kpd78, RoboPimp, jrkirkish, WAWBanks, PerFusionist, Pointer, wiklund87, tubezipper, Foamoi_refreshe, melx, JRBain, arcaneaether, Barnaby, Hardly, strtdv, sh333, RadioSilence, deftoneboy, Poltergeist, Snufkino, Mogwai, Soapbars, fuzzface71, JDE and loads more...

Comment

The M9 is awesome, But expensive. I would be buying used so the price difference is about $150 and the M9 is $300... Thanks for the opinions guys.
          My name is Christian. I make musical noises.Guitars: Epiphone LP Studio & Dot Studio, Fender MiM Telecaster & Blacktop JazzmasterPedals: Whammy 4 > EB VP jr > Vox Wah > Fulltone OCD > EH BM (Russia, black) > TC Electronic Nova Mod > Boss DD3 > Vox DelaylabAmp: Vox AC15c1

Comment

I've seen M9's well below $300 used. Some under $250, even.
            Guitars: G&L ASAT Classic Custom & Gibson Les Paul Studio || Amp: Dr. Z Maz 8 Studio
            Pedalboard: Disaster Area DPC-5 > Diamond Compressor, Skreddy LMMD, Timmy, Turbo Tuner, Strymon Timeline & Flint

My YouTube Channel

Comment

I like the M9 for ease of use on the fly. I was thinking of getting a second one, but it looks like the Zoom G3 would be a more cost-effective way to add a few more real-time options.

Comment

True, But convincing my parents to let me spend on a $150 pedal (My money, mind you) will be difficult, let alone a $250 pedal. The main purpose of the M5 will be to function as a second delay, (When Needed) Reverb, and if I ever want to use a chorus, flanger, trem, ect... I plan on eventually buying individual pedals for stuff, but right now money is not exactly plentiful. And I recently bought a tube amp after using a modeling amp for a long time and I'm missing being able to experiment with different effects.

Comment

Also, the Zoom G3 seems interesting...

Comment

I have both the G3 and the M5. The G3 is a lot better w/ 3-6 FX plus looper and drums.
                    "I used my psychic powers to investigate this and found it to be hogwash. I hate it when people make claims with no basis in science."

"If a problem is too difficult to understand the solution is to placate your ignorance with denial."

Tasty Licks
                    Secret Moment

Comment

I like the M5 a lot, and use it towards the end of my chain for delays, and modulation. But yeah, only one delay at a time could be limiting. SO a used M9 might be a good idea, plus the looper on it rules. The G3 seems cool too, but the M5/9 is strictly effects, and not amp sims.

I really like the delays on the M5 (I had a M9 once too, and never really spent enough time with it dialing it in). They aren't the best, but they have some pretty features to them too. You do need the power supply, as they're energy hogs, so make sure you get that if going used.

Comment

Thanks for the opinions guys. I think I've settled on the Zoom G3. A Good bit of variety for less than the cost of an m5.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianTimn
                          View Post

True, But convincing my parents to let me spend on a $150 pedal (My money, mind you) will be difficult, let alone a $250 pedal.

Smooth deals with: duncan, the_bleeding, MrSandMan, 6StrngStrangler, mmmmmchina, gproud, Onehourlater, driverhasabomb, bluehuricane, melx, TheErosion, gschmittling, BrianPhase90, roaring20's, ibentmywookieFender Custom Shop '52 TelecasterGibson 2013 SG StandardFender Deville III 4x10Oh Henry! chocolate barsPedals n' stuffhttp://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by TomVanDeven
                            View Post

Oh, you...

Comment

I picked up an M5 not that long ago and TBH, I only use it for OctoVerb, Trem, Phase and Chorus etc. I use the delays very very rarely when I am using my Timefactor for looping. I owned an M9 for a while and used that for all my effects. It's hard to only have 3 effects at a time (for me anyway). I'd get the M5 if I were you. It's a great way to find out what you really want, save for it, and not have wasted a lot of money on stuff.
                              Good Deals: Killing Nevada, navyjones, Jwando, Small Stone, Cake Bakist, futuresailors, 23cicero, somestarrynight, richey888, jimosity, stratedge09, Raintes, JMP2203, Attuma, Floodstage

Originally Posted by Naterel

Pain is your bodies way of telling you not to cross daddy

Originally Posted by RoboPimp

yup, part of growing up is abandoning any hopes and dreams and giving up on anything that you feel passionate about or makes you happy.

then comes years of waiting for sweet death.

Comment

Working...
                              X