Magicstomp not working. Need advice.

onyxrhino

• Members

So my Magicstomp won't turn on anymore. I plug the adapter in and, instead of powering up, nothing happens. Hasn't been plugged in to a different adapter or dropped or anything. Just one day it worked fine and the next day, nothing.

So, what should I do here? Does this sound like something your common local electronics repair guy could fix or should I contact Yamaha about them fixing it or do I just suck it up and buy another one? What say you HCFX?

• Members

Probably the adapter. Those aren't easy to find, either. Radio shack may have some adjustable one with a bunch of different tips, but that won't last too long. Also, don't listen to anyone that works at radio shack.

Try bending the tip of the adapter right next to the pedal. I have to tape one of mine at a certain angle to get it to work now.

• Members

Get a multi meter and check your power supply. My Magicstomp lost its display so i sent it to a 'digital pedal' guy. It came back worse than it started (no nothing, whereas it used to pass signal and actually work) I've ordered some display lcds from China but that was a month ago. No sign yet...

• Members

Should yours no longer be repairable, I'll offer mine up for sale as well. It's a Magicstomp MK2, of which I'm the original owner. It's in extremely-clean like-new condition, (Very lightly used) with the original box/packing materials/manual/CD ROM/power supply, etc. The only thing missing is the USB cable. PM me if you or anyone else here has any interest.

• Members

Hey guys, thanks for the offers. I may be in touch soon. I'm still hoping it's just the power supply on mine. I tried bending it a bit, but no dice. I am going to take it somewhere that has a multimeter to check, but I've been so busy these past couple of days, I haven't had a chance. Hopefully, tomorrow...

Archived