O/T Your favorite Miles Davis album

The Villano Dude

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

kind of blue may very well bee the most unstrategicly aligned frequencys known to ear imo...

and i mena this in the most respectful way possible... this recording make want to live longer, for the fact that this is why i think i understand...

• Members

Miles Smiles

Then Kind of Blue and A Tribute To Jack Johnson

Kind of Blue changed the way I improvise (learning his lines in So What slapped me upside the head with good phrasing... but that doesn't mean I think I'm good at it). It was my first Miles album but I like the tunes on Miles Smiles more. I like Tribute because it has cool modal playing as well as sweet rhythm by J.M. Bitches Brew was my first introduction to his modal vamps but something about Tribute attracts me more... I need to go back and listen to Bitches Brew again.

Birth of Cool and Bitches Brew are also pretty kick ass!

Miles is one of the few artists who I actually have a little pile CD's from. love.gif OK, stealing some Miles lines today.

• Members

In a Silent Way and Bitches Brew, but i haven't gone through all of it yet.

I held In A Silent Way at a local music shop three visits in a row but never popped due to my "abundance" of Miles. I wanted to keep searching out in other places. Is that a good one? Damn... I'll have to go back and see if it's still there.

• Members

I held In A Silent Way at a local music shop three visits in a row but never popped due to my "abundance" of Miles. I wanted to keep searching out in other places. Is that a good one? Damn... I'll have to go back and see if it's still there.

In A Silent Way is a great one man, definitely pick it up if possible.

• Members

This is like asking what's your favorite fuzz pedal.

"On the Corner" and "Jack Johnson" get the most play from me, as do the two live albums from Japan with the Funk Collective. My favorite Miles period is the early/mid-70s electric stuff (anything with Pete Cosey, RIP).

Archived