Contemporary Bands That Have A Political Agenda Lyrically

tom92

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No shortage there, nobody knows better on politics than drug addled millionaires.

Rage Against the Machine (every song, every album), Nine Inch Nails (Year Zero in particular, but many), Megadeth, Bruce Springstein, Neil Young, the list is endless.

This will be a helpful link for your paper:
http://voices.yahoo.com/top-10-polit...18.html?cat=33

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Y0UNGBL00D View Post
bloc party is political? ive never paid attention. so i guess they arent that good at it. love their music though.
Listen to the lyrics in Hunting for Witches & Kettling neither are hard to understand. One talking about follow on from 7/7 Bombings and the other about last years London Riots.

Thanks for all the links guys, so far in the paper I've got a lot about Bloc Party, {censored} Riot and also how political/social songs faired in the charts in the past year. I've started to compare that to the 80s now which should be interesting. Hopefully I can get past the 'Punks hated Thatcher' pretty quick.

I think I'll revisit a lot of the bands you've shared with me tomorrow as a lot of my paper will need revising and it still needs Harvard Referencing!

Archived