Guiness Book Of Records Largest Pedalboard?

Player99

• Members

Back in 2003...

"Guitarist sets effects pedals world record

Skunk Anansie's guitarist has set a new world record for playing with the largest number of effect pedals switched on at the same time.

Ace played 85 bars of Deep Purple's Smoke on the Water on Brighton seafront for the official Guinness Book of Records attempt using 100 different types of pedals.

A video of the attempt will be sent to the Guinness Book of Records for verification.

The star was cheered on during the attempt by about 150 students of the Brighton Institute of Modern Music, where he is a tutor.

Judging the attempt Neville Marten, editor of Guitarist magazine, ruled after 85 bars that the notes could no longer be heard. Ace then mimicked countless other rock stars before him by smashing up the black Fender Strat he was playing and set it on fire.

He said the noise was terrible during the attempt, which was deliberately meant to be "super corny".

He said: "I played Smoke on the Water with all these pedals which is a bizarre idea and then smashed the guitar when I could not get the pedals to work and set it on fire."

Institute managing director Bruce Dickinson - no relation to the Iron Maiden singer - said the "horrendous" noise was like Concorde taking off.

Explaining the idea behind the attempt, he said: "Ace is known for being quite experimental with guitar sounds and one of the students happened to asked in class what would it sound like with hundreds of pedals plugged in. Ace said it wouldn't work and that led to discussion."

The smashed up guitar will be framed as a memento of the day, Mr Dickinson added."

• Members

There was this, too:
http://www.stompthatbox.com/pedal_board_show.html

Thursday July 16, 2009 in Nashville, Tennessee
Breaking the World's Largest Pedalboard Record at The Rutledge
147 effect pedals all plugged in and connected together, setting a new world record for the World's Largest Pedalboard!
Presented by Gopher Entertainment Group
Radio personality Aljon Go, musician Jaux King and the lovely Kristen Hoetzel hosted a rocken party to break last year

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Tremster View Post
There was this, too:
http://www.stompthatbox.com/pedal_board_show.html

Thursday July 16, 2009 in Nashville, Tennessee
Breaking the World's Largest Pedalboard Record at The Rutledge
147 effect pedals all plugged in and connected together, setting a new world record for the World's Largest Pedalboard!
Presented by Gopher Entertainment Group
Radio personality Aljon Go, musician Jaux King and the lovely Kristen Hoetzel hosted a rocken party to break last year

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by houseofglass21 View Post
He said: "I played Smoke on the Water with all these pedals which is a bizarre idea and then smashed the guitar when I could not get the pedals to work and set it on fire."

Institute managing director Bruce Dickinson - no relation to the Iron Maiden singer - said the "horrendous" noise was like Concorde taking off.
icon_lol.gif

Reminds me of one of my favourite sigs on HC: "It sounded like a train full of VHS cassettes crashing into a whale."

Archived