o/t ATDI

orangesix

• Members

Old news I know but I hadn't taken the time to watch this ATDI Coachella reunion set until now. I gotta say, they were one of my favorite bands coming up but I find this performance terrible considering they probably got paid a ton of money to get back together and Omar and (to a certain extent) Cedric just mailed it in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJxNHHd1Nzc

• Members

Those two even rocked out way harder at a later Mars Volta show I went to. The ATDI stuf is much more difficult and bad for your voice to sing though. At least Cedric seemed to be trying. I heard Omar's mother had passed away a couple weeks before, but wouldn't that make you want to go bannanas at this big reunion show? Everyone's different I guess.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by blueboxer

View Post

Those two even rocked out way harder at a later Mars Volta show I went to. The ATDI stuf is much more difficult and bad for your voice to sing though. At least Cedric seemed to be trying. I heard Omar's mother had passed away a couple weeks before, but wouldn't that make you want to go bannanas at this big reunion show? Everyone's different I guess.

I agree with the whole Omar's mom thing, but they still agreed to do all the big festivals and a few other dates. I still think they are great musicians and all, but it sort of comes off as is they were just trying to cash in on it.

• Members

I saw their surprise show in Dallas and I thought they were great. The only people I met who were "disappointed" were those who didn't realize Omar's mother died shortly before they left on tour and that was the sole reason why he looked so lifeless on stage. I think a lot of people at the shows just overlooked Omar's lack of enthusiasm because they were just happy to see the original ATDI line-up on stage again.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by orangesix

View Post

On the whole Omar thing....maybe this is a bad analogy,but I sort of see it like if one of the members of KISS decided they didn't feel like wearing their costume before a show.

facepalm.gif

Yeah, bad analogy, br0. Your mom's death affecting your stage show =/= a {censored}ty band deciding not to wear their {censored}ty costumes because it's a {censored}ty gimmick anyways.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Inertiatic_SKS

View Post

facepalm.gif

Yeah, bad analogy, br0. Your mom's death affecting your stage show =/= a {censored}ty band deciding not to wear their {censored}ty costumes because it's a {censored}ty gimmick anyways.

Bad analogy. But I guess what I'm trying to say is that ATDI's live shows were always predicated on their stage presence, most notably Omar and Cedric.

• Members

huge fan here. i was ripped apart finding out about the surprise austin show a day after. gf offered to buy me a ticket and drive me to dallas and wait in the alley because she knew how much it meant to me.

judging from all of the videos of the different shows so far, dallas was by far the best. coachella sucked. still, im pissed i didnt go. had cash in hand for coachella tix and decided to pay bills facepalm.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Y0UNGBL00D

View Post

they are also off a LOT of the drugs. take that into account. and age.

for a band that basically existed because of their energy, its kind of unrealistic to expect them to maintain it. still, makes me sad.

try to tell that to Iggy Pop

Archived