X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by six acre lake
    View Post

I love Bill Frisell but sometimes I just long for the Naked City days when he was just killing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PynbhqRlsbc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYgsaeGWNHA

holy****************! say what you want ... that's an all star lineup. They even had Wayne Horvitz on keys
    good deals w/ pbone, sh333, homestar_kevin, johnrambo, the future king, MrMunky, Iamtehcure, miggy01, hangwire, pfindeis, Virex, orangesix, PurpleStrat, Exdeath, nickthebrick, devi ever, Crxshdxmmy, heykenny, letsgocoyote, Scarlet Theory, Free the Guilty, fruvai, friendlybunny, yannickbasset, duderanimous, vintageroad, jgs61, Vinhoff, leer43, hurleysurf, zygoat, lewzer, sodium_23, M-dawg, thefragile103, Blewbyou, StopReferencing, itkindaworks, Amplifier Worship

Comment

That pedal was made for Frisell, just ripe for what he likes to do. Seems like a royal pain in the ass pedal to use though. No thanks. And that could even be great with bassoon (monophonic instrument becomes polyphonic!) but it just seems like such a pain. Freeze and Hold on the HOG was close, and this is a better implementation, but seems a bit unpredictable.

At the very least it needs one of those soft touch switches like what people mod their DL4s with.
      I play amplified/electric bassoon. Everything you see me post about remember I'm not using my gear with guitar pretty much ever.

Comment

Or EHX can take the boss approach
        Decolonize

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by CicadaSilence
          View Post

His shoes and socks are so cute.

This

Love what he did with the SuperEgo - it really is a cool pedal.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

what a cool player, and cool man all around!
            Gear: Fender American TeleFender Thin-skin JMFender Vibroverb '63 RiToo many pedlolsGreat deals with: Henry_13 (x2), HeartfeltDawn (x2), loobs, theboywho, gambit (x2), ghjhardwick, Used_666 (x2), Loobs, brandnewzo, SG1 too many others I can't remember

Comment

The super ego has a click less switch on it.
              http://facebook.com/cannonsandanchors
              http://cannonsandanchors.com

Comment

I ****************ing love Bill Frisell. He is making it so difficult for me to decide what kind of Telecaster I want to get though.... Why does he have so many ****************ing cool ones!!
                Great deals w/ placebo62, candletears7

Originally Posted by EL KABONG

just cause Aussies cant have guns (=no freedom) doesnt mean other people cant have them either.

Originally Posted by Naterel

Those meatballs came out right

But that rocket ship is ****************ed up

Comment

That was great. Love bill.
                  my band Bloody Mammals on facebook and bandcamp

Comment

Sweet. Thanks for posting!

Comment

huge BF fan here. super cool video. i bet he is going to go through a ton of those super egos
                      Post Modern Southern Sonic Prepared Concrete Annihilation.

Comment

has the vid moved/been deleted? was trying to find it last night and it kept routing me to "how to put together a pedalboard"

i was like WTF? is this is a sign? am i doing something wrong that will cost me BOTB'12 glory?
                        great deals with Urinate Forever and stratedge09

Originally Posted by DrakkarTyrannis

Ya'll n****s is gay

Cheers, Lucius.

the.Orange.congolomorate Thunderverb 50 sucka!
                        SG ARMY

Comment

I love Bill Frisell but sometimes I just long for the Naked City days when he was just killing it.

Hipster statement?

Comment

i had a dream last night in my drunken stupor that me and bill frissel had a phone talk or something

Comment

and water sports ensued?
                              Originally Posted by Inspector 71

I'm only framus in my own mine.

Originally Posted by riff ie

black hole complementarity, or, you won't feel a thing
                              likewise...

Originally Posted by christianatl

I plan on riding my ****************sled through the ******************** apocalypse.

Comment

mechanical switches suck for pedals like these where hitting the footswitch often can be an integral part of its usage.
                                I agree. The Boss ME-25 has the best freeze control IMO. You use the expression pedal to lock the sound and control the volume. Heel back is off and moving it forward freezes the sound. Then you can swell it back and forth. Heel back to turn it off and it's ready to go again.

Here's a loop I made when I got my SuperEgo last month. I have a Zoom G3 as my last pedal so run the drum machine and then the looper to layer some sounds.

Super Ego Sample Loop
                                "I used my psychic powers to investigate this and found it to be hogwash. I hate it when people make claims with no basis in science."

"If a problem is too difficult to understand the solution is to placate your ignorance with denial."

Tasty Licks
                                Secret Moment

Comment

Working...
                                X