Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

BOSS GT-10 Owners, question: external effects on/off switching

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse









X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BOSS GT-10 Owners, question: external effects on/off switching

    I am considering picking up a used GT-10, but only if it allows me to save the on/off setting for the external effects loop PER PATCH. For example, patch 1 has external efffects loop On, but Patch 2 has external effects loop set to off. Can I do this on the GT-10? I've been reviewing the owners manual and it sort of looks like I can't...



    And IF it can't, is there any reasonably priced multi-fx pedals on the market that do support this.



    Thanks!
    ---------------------------------

    Good Trades with:
    munizfire

  • #2
    Yes it can do this.



    I'm going to pick on up myself next week for bedroom noodling and recording.
    Recent good deals: Fruvai, Darkmavis, Mind_Riot89, jeid2000, Krish, andthenurse, JDE, figjamaussie, Slow Life, The Riffer, Netstar, SimplyBen, magnum pi, WAWBanks, Hides-His-Eyes, Neoflox, woolyh, AidyCM, Gambit, MPH, joshp13589

    DCC Engineering - custom cabinets, pedals and amps.
    Omens - my band







    Originally Posted by FreekishBluesFX


    Let me see you piss on me and I will show you my tits. Well it no work that way. You need to rub my balls first. And balls I mean testicles

    Comment


    • #3






      Quote Originally Posted by ChuckNorris1982
      View Post

      Yes it can do this.



      I'm going to pick on up myself next week for bedroom noodling and recording.




      Mine arrived last night and I've put a few hours into evaluating the unit, particulatly the tone of my dirt unit in the send/return loop on an otherwise blank patch. Disappointed to find that this unit colors the tone even in this kind of scenario. It's not a huge difference and probably acceptable to many others, but not for me. Would be a diffrent matter if the effect in the loop was just a 'add-on color' effect, like delay or whammy or rotary speaker effect, but this dirt pedal is part of my core tone. Sending the unit back. It's a shame BOSS couldn't find a way to keep the tone unaffected when you're just running your signal through the unit with none of the units effects/preamps active.



      Hope the unit does for you what you need.



      Good luck in your own usage with this unit.
      ---------------------------------

      Good Trades with:
      munizfire

      Comment


      • #4
        Why don't you just run your dirt before or after the gt10? I'm using it in the loop cause it seems to smooth things out a bit but imo it sounded the same when placed before the boss as it does without the boss. Only colored when in the loop
        http://soundcloud.com/infinite_fluxNew crappy band, Infinite Flux

        Comment


        • #5
          If you're not already using it, you could use the amp ctl jack to control a relay looper outside of the gt. Did you play with the send and return levels?
          Selling:


          Mini mixer £25 posted. Good size for pedalboards.
          EHX 24v DC adapter £12 posted
          Dual momentary footswitch £20 posted.
          Telecaster 3 way switch and vintage jack socket. £5 posted


          Excellent dealings with AncientMariner, Chucknorris1982, Daysofspeed, Kurd01, Melx, SirLemonHead, and a few of others I can't remember. . .

          Comment


          • #6






            Quote Originally Posted by kingswebe
            View Post

            Mine arrived last night and I've put a few hours into evaluating the unit, particulatly the tone of my dirt unit in the send/return loop on an otherwise blank patch. Disappointed to find that this unit colors the tone even in this kind of scenario. It's not a huge difference and probably acceptable to many others, but not for me. Would be a diffrent matter if the effect in the loop was just a 'add-on color' effect, like delay or whammy or rotary speaker effect, but this dirt pedal is part of my core tone. Sending the unit back. It's a shame BOSS couldn't find a way to keep the tone unaffected when you're just running your signal through the unit with none of the units effects/preamps active.



            Hope the unit does for you what you need.



            Good luck in your own usage with this unit.




            Are you sure you had it set up right for your rig? It seems like the kind of unit that would have a ton of input/output settings that could affect the 'bypass' tone.
            Russian DolphinsBandcamp -Â****http://russiandolphins.bandcamp.com/Soundcloud -Â****https://soundcloud.com/russiandolphins

            Comment


            • #7






              Quote Originally Posted by ambient
              View Post

              Are you sure you had it set up right for your rig? It seems like the kind of unit that would have a ton of input/output settings that could affect the 'bypass' tone.




              I am pretty sure. I went through all the System menus and Patch settings for the patch I had created, and everything looked off to me, except for the send/return loop. The only thing that seems like can't be turned off is the System-level EQ, so I did tweak that to 'the best' it could be for what I was trying to do, but it didn't seem to compensate enough for the tone loss.
              ---------------------------------

              Good Trades with:
              munizfire

              Comment


              • #8






                Quote Originally Posted by ambient
                View Post

                Are you sure you had it set up right for your rig? It seems like the kind of unit that would have a ton of input/output settings that could affect the 'bypass' tone.




                I am pretty sure. I went through all the System menus and Patch settings for the patch I had created, and everything looked off to me, except for the send/return loop. The only thing that seems like can't be turned off is the System-level EQ, so I did tweak that to 'the best' it could be for what I was trying to do, but it didn't seem to compensate enough for the tone loss.
                ---------------------------------

                Good Trades with:
                munizfire

                Comment


                • #9
                  Get a Boss GT-6/8 then, I don't know what's up with the 10 but when I was running the 6 as my main effects unit 4-cables in with my Marshall, my signal was unaffected going through the external loop on the pedal. Never any issue with the GT-6, actually. I kind of miss it.
                  Smooth deals with: duncan, the_bleeding, MrSandMan, 6StrngStrangler, mmmmmchina, gproud, Onehourlater, driverhasabomb, bluehuricane, melx, TheErosion, gschmittling, BrianPhase90, roaring20's, ibentmywookieFender Custom Shop '52 TelecasterGibson 2013 SG StandardFender Deville III 4x10Oh Henry! chocolate barsPedals n' stuffhttp://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com

                  Comment


                  • #10






                    Quote Originally Posted by Lanefair
                    View Post

                    If you're not already using it, you could use the amp ctl jack to control a relay looper outside of the gt. Did you play with the send and return levels?




                    Thanks, yes I experimented with the Send and Return levels.
                    ---------------------------------

                    Good Trades with:
                    munizfire

                    Comment


                    • #11






                      Quote Originally Posted by TomVanDeven
                      View Post

                      Get a Boss GT-6/8 then, I don't know what's up with the 10 but when I was running the 6 as my main effects unit 4-cables in with my Marshall, my signal was unaffected going through the external loop on the pedal. Never any issue with the GT-6, actually. I kind of miss it.




                      No tone coloration potential sounds good, but if it requires use of 4-cable method, I think that removes the option of turning on and off the dirt pedal in the send/return loop automatically via patch settings. I mean, I *could* still turn on and off the send/return loop , but I wouldn't want to turn it off because my amp's preamp would be in that part of the signal chain now.
                      ---------------------------------

                      Good Trades with:
                      munizfire

                      Comment



                      Working...
                      X