Roland GR 20 guitar Synth help....

lpstudio86

• Members

Hi everyone,

Just wondering why my GR-20 doesnt track that great. I put the pickup in the correct position and also i went to a music store and brought my GR 20 to try it with a guitar that has the pickup mounted in the guitar already but i still wasnt happy with the tracking. I saw other guitarists use it as well, and I dont hear anything wrong with their tracking. Im recording Piano and i just cant seem to hit the notes accurately. I played the notes as accurately as it can possibly be played, but I still hear flubs and little mistakes still.

please listen to my original song, that way you can hear the mistakes in the piano and be able to tell me whats wrong. thanks so much!!!

please listen to 3rd from the top: New song Farewell Tears Sept 6

www.soundclick.com/bensairinmusic

if that doesnt work try this link, im not sure if this works either

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...bandID=1098703

• Members

That's just technique. I use a GR33 with an xtSA and the piano patches tend to bring out any imperfections in technique more than most others - they just need absolutely clean playing. Personally I find the piano sound to be about the hardest to make sound good and believable, and it's really difficut to avoid glitches like that.

• Members

i dont know though if its really hard to avoid glitches, i might be giving up on this GR 20 hehe. it really sucks to say it and might have to see it go soon, i dont know because the other patches might sound ok. Its just me thats kind of picky and want things perfect though.

• Members

I find when it comes to guitar synths, they just aren't really all the way there yet. The tracking will always be off somewhat, no matter how well your technique is. If you want reliable synth sounds, with no glitch, imo you've got to use a keyboard based synth or keyboard midi controller. I've found that most guitar synths are only good for things that don't require exact timing or flawless tracking.

Archived