Aristotle

• Members
rq6uJ.jpg

S C H E D U L E

Entry: 25 Nov (Sun) - 9 Dec (Sun)
Voting: 10 Dec (Mon) - 18 Dec (Tues)
Raffle drawing: 19 Dec (Wed)

R U L E S
  1. Entries are welcome from all HC members. However, members with a registration date on or after Sun, Nov 25 2012 are excluded from the Prize Raffle.
  2. Each forumite may enter in one regular category. An additional entry in a "Special Category" is optional, but aswell limited to one entry in one additional category. The additional submission does not award for the prize raffle.
  3. A photo of the board is required, including a sign with your username and date taken clearly displayed. Adding your Name/Date text as a graphic to the photo after it was taken is not recommended, but such submissions will be accepted. Please act in good faith regarding this rule and don't take advantage of this "loop-hole".
  4. All boards must be wired, pass signal and be ready to play. Boards wired by professionals or design companies are only allowed to enter in the Moderator/Pro category.
  5. If you are a professional maker of pedalboards, pedals or related equipment, we suggest you to enter into the Moderator/Pro category for good.
  6. Every effect in your signal chain will count as 1. Every pedal that is not in your chain will not count (like exp. pedal or tap tempo).
  7. The winners from each category will be entered in a championship round for the title of "Best Pedalboard of 2012"
  8. Violating one of the rules prohibits participation in the Battle of the Boards 2012 contest. Additionally, anyone who is under a temp ban is ineligible to win prizes or a "category win", including the "bragging rights" that would otherwise come with a category win. All entries will be checked for "alts" - if you were thinking about using an alt moniker or three to enter the contest, don't. It's an instant disqualification, not to mention HC ban.
  9. If there is ambiguity, don't hesitate to ask in this thread or contact Aristotle (PN) or post the question in this thread.
  10. H a v e . f u n !

C A T E G O R I E S

You may enter in one of the following categories by submitting one single image of your pedal board. Feel free to compete with an equally sized board or with a special purpose board:
  • Small Board (2-5 pedals)
  • Medium Board (6-10 pedals)
  • Large Board (11-15 pedals)
  • Monster Board (16 pedals and more)
  • Budget Board (Mainly cheap Pedals under 100$, max. one Pedal up to 200$)
  • Boutique Board (Mainly boutique, expensive and rare Pedals)
  • Vintage Board (Mainly Pedals that are old)
  • DIY Board (Mainly self-made pedals, non-professional pedals)
  • Noise Board (Mainly special purpose pedals like bitcrusher, synthies etc.)
  • Bass Board
  • Moderator/Pro Board (a "display only" category, any HC moderator or musical equipment related professional can enter, no prizes will be awarded)

Every participant may choose to enter one of the following "Special Categories" additionally. These are vote-only and are not eligible for an additional draw in the prize raffle.
  • Best Pedal Demonstration (video demonstration of a single pedal)
  • Best Rig Demonstration (video demonstration of multiple pedals, guitars, amps, whatever you want to show)
  • Best Live Use of Effects (Video of you playing infront of an audience. This is the only exception of a pre-produced entry that does not afford the BOTB-signage and may have been recorded within the last 12 months)
  • Most Creative Pedal Board Picture (must be a different image than your regular entry. Needs a sign with date and username aswell)
  • Best Complete Rig (one image showing your rack and remote unit all together with your board)
  • Best Photoshopped Pedalboard and/or BOTB Meme (Get funny and earn yourself a custom title)

P R I Z E . R A F F L E

There will be a random prize raffle for all submissions, legitimate to participate through the rules above
If you would like to donate a prize, don't hesitate to contact me.

L I S T . O F . P R I Z E S

H O W . T O . P A R T I C I P A T E

Please follow these simple steps to submit your entry:
  1. Write or print a sign that holds your username and the date.
  2. Take aphoto of your board containing the sign. If you have an older camera, be sure to have as much light available as possible to achieve best quality. Please only send pictures of least 800px width.
  3. Renameyour picture to your username (example: "Aristotle.jpg")
  4. Add this to the email's subject line: your username, the category you wish to enter (example: "Aristotle, best small board")
  5. Submit your image or video link to this email adress: BOTB2012hcfx@gmail.com

Enjoy!

L I S T . O F . E N T R A N T S

-Norge-
AaronSS
adamthemute
Aedes
ambient
Ambient Exposure
Amnesiac
Ancient
AngryGoldfish
Aristotle
B_nehpets
Baxandall
Beastly
bieke
Blakemore Effects
blanketblanket
bmoncbus
bogg808
Boytbpc
Bzrkrage
caeman
ChuckNorris1982
Cisco
Coolhand78
Crxsh
cryptosonic
Dandy13
DEATHIVIONKEY
delayed delay
DigiTechRep
DiscoFreq
dkerwood
DooGy00
draelyc
duncan
dweebking
dweebking
echodeluxe
eerock
Electric Warrior
Elessar [sly]
Fender&EHX4ever
Flanging_Fred
Frankenstrat86
fruvai
gae86
gambit
Goodhonk
guitardustin
H.P. Lovecraft
hangwire
Harry_Manback1
Henry_13
hilikus8
hivedestruction
Holm14
Hooya
Hurtzher
iamthearm
ibentmywookie
ichron
imall41
IRG
JackpotJewel
Jahn
jenesis
Jhideout
Jisatsu
johnnyunitas
jordanjordan
Josh33
jskadiang
k tone
Kimme
King Rat
KoskineN
kpd78
Langue
lerxst1031
Lou Speed
LSDis4me
macadood
magnum pi
majafa
Marshredder
martha_KH
Matt Gnarly
mischultz
missfortune
mmolteratx
Mr. Sarum
n!k
NakedInTheRain
Naterel
NBarnes21
nice_atd
Nightraven
nomenclature
Notjonahbutnoah
NPFRS
ococis
Paint
papersun
pedaltones
Pelliot
Penelope Twee
Pewterschmit
pktrono
Poltergeist
poolshark
Renula
riff ie
Ron Burgandy
RUExp?
Seth Carmody
SilverburstLP
SmallEQ
smalltownsongs
Snufkino
SonicMayhem42
SpaceFlunky
Sparkfriction
spectraljulian
spentron
starmansam
SteveMcB
Stevics
strat87
stratguy23
Stubacca
t-rey
Texas Noise Factory
The Lou-Dog
Toe
ToonHollow
Trainbridge
tri99ger
Trick Fall
triviani
tronus
Tuckster
turnitto11
turnstylepoet
udi9
Urinate Forever
V
vidret
warpsmasher
wawbanks
WeStartToDrift
wundergussy
Y0UNGBL00D
YoungBL00D
Zappa74
Zetor
Zygoat

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
What are you guys thinking for a deadline?

Two weeks seemed like a long enough timeframe for me idn_smilie.gif and I thought finishing it all up before Christmas would be best for everyone, but we can push it back a little if you guys need.
Perhaps I misunderstood. It looked like Dec 2 was the deadline for enties. That's 1 week away.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by mhuxtable

View Post

Let the complaining begin!

Quote Originally Posted by guitardustin

View Post

Sad but true. The sale and production a tissues typically reaches a record high when HCFX runs any type of contest, because of all the crybabies of course.

Gae and I had a valid concern. I'm not waiting on any new pedals to complete my board, I just have a lack of time between now and next Sunday, and I reckon many other forumites share that. But perhaps you don't want me to post because my board will outshine yours poke.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Fender&EHX4ever View Post
Gae and I had a valid concern. I'm not waiting on any new pedals to complete my board, I just have a lack of time between now and next Sunday, and I reckon many other forumites share that. But perhaps you don't want me to post because my board will outshine yours poke.gif
icon_lol.gif
also sincerely for those who know a little me and Thomas, should know that we are not usual "complainer".

As he said, lot of us could have problems finding time to wire a board. Everytime we had a BOTB we always talked a lot before and we knew it would have started, in a 3 days, a week, a month or whatever. This helped also for collecting prizes, share the word and involve generally more people.

Making it start today, out of nowhere, seems a little of a nonsense to me, but again that's just my opinion!

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by gae86 View Post
icon_lol.gif
also sincerely for those who know a little me and Thomas, should know that we are not usual "complainer".

As he said, lot of us could have problems finding time to wire a board. Everytime we had a BOTB we always talked a lot before and we knew it would have started, in a 3 days, a week, a month or whatever. This helped also for collecting prizes, share the word and involve generally more people.

Making it start today, out of nowhere, seems a little of a nonsense to me, but again that's just my opinion!
I hope you're {censored}ing joking.

• Members

I go everyday to hospital from 8 am to 8 pm, and sincerely my last thought is thinking of arranging a board. And I think that there are other that work a lot as me. Whatever, maybe I'm just growing old and whiny, so don't care for me

Archived