S C H E D U L E
Entry: 25 Nov (Sun) - 9 Dec (Sun)
Voting: 10 Dec (Mon) - 18 Dec (Tues)
Raffle drawing: 19 Dec (Wed)
R U L E S
- Entries are welcome from all HC members. However, members with a registration date on or after Sun, Nov 25 2012 are excluded from the Prize Raffle.
- Each forumite may enter in one regular category. An additional entry in a "Special Category" is optional, but aswell limited to one entry in one additional category. The additional submission does not award for the prize raffle.
- A photo of the board is required, including a sign with your username and date taken clearly displayed. Adding your Name/Date text as a graphic to the photo after it was taken is not recommended, but such submissions will be accepted. Please act in good faith regarding this rule and don't take advantage of this "loop-hole".
- All boards must be wired, pass signal and be ready to play. Boards wired by professionals or design companies are only allowed to enter in the Moderator/Pro category.
- If you are a professional maker of pedalboards, pedals or related equipment, we suggest you to enter into the Moderator/Pro category for good.
- Every effect in your signal chain will count as 1. Every pedal that is not in your chain will not count (like exp. pedal or tap tempo).
- The winners from each category will be entered in a championship round for the title of "Best Pedalboard of 2012"
- Violating one of the rules prohibits participation in the Battle of the Boards 2012 contest. Additionally, anyone who is under a temp ban is ineligible to win prizes or a "category win", including the "bragging rights" that would otherwise come with a category win. All entries will be checked for "alts" - if you were thinking about using an alt moniker or three to enter the contest, don't. It's an instant disqualification, not to mention HC ban.
- If there is ambiguity, don't hesitate to ask in this thread or contact Aristotle (PN) or post the question in this thread.
- H a v e . f u n !
C A T E G O R I E S
You may enter in one of the following categories by submitting one single image of your pedal board. Feel free to compete with an equally sized board or with a special purpose board:
- Small Board (2-5 pedals)
- Medium Board (6-10 pedals)
- Large Board (11-15 pedals)
- Monster Board (16 pedals and more)
- Budget Board (Mainly cheap Pedals under 100$, max. one Pedal up to 200$)
- Boutique Board (Mainly boutique, expensive and rare Pedals)
- Vintage Board (Mainly Pedals that are old)
- DIY Board (Mainly self-made pedals, non-professional pedals)
- Noise Board (Mainly special purpose pedals like bitcrusher, synthies etc.)
- Bass Board
- Moderator/Pro Board (a "display only" category, any HC moderator or musical equipment related professional can enter, no prizes will be awarded)
Every participant may choose to enter one of the following "Special Categories" additionally. These are vote-only and are not eligible for an additional draw in the prize raffle.
- Best Pedal Demonstration (video demonstration of a single pedal)
- Best Rig Demonstration (video demonstration of multiple pedals, guitars, amps, whatever you want to show)
- Best Live Use of Effects (Video of you playing infront of an audience. This is the only exception of a pre-produced entry that does not afford the BOTB-signage and may have been recorded within the last 12 months)
- Most Creative Pedal Board Picture (must be a different image than your regular entry. Needs a sign with date and username aswell)
- Best Complete Rig (one image showing your rack and remote unit all together with your board)
- Best Photoshopped Pedalboard and/or BOTB Meme (Get funny and earn yourself a custom title)
P R I Z E . R A F F L E
There will be a random prize raffle for all submissions, legitimate to participate through the rules above
If you would like to donate a prize, don't hesitate to contact me.
L I S T . O F . P R I Z E S
- Blakemore Effects Custom Shop Rat Clone (donated by macadood)
- Electro Harmonix Small Clone (donated by Seth Carmody)
- Electro Harmonix Superego (donated by Mike Matthews and Electro Harmonix)
- TWO Hardwire Supernatural Reverbs (donated by ProGuitarShop)
- Digitech Whammy DaVe (donated by DigiTechRep, demoed by Pewterschmit)
- Squiggle Boost Pedal (donated by BAXANDALL)
- Blakemore Effects pedal of the winners choosing (donated by Blakemore Effects)
- Shoe Pedals Savior Machine (donated by Shoe Pedals/V)
- BOSS TU-1000 (donated by Aristotle)
H O W . T O . P A R T I C I P A T E
Please follow these simple steps to submit your entry:
- Write or print a sign that holds your username and the date.
- Take aphoto of your board containing the sign. If you have an older camera, be sure to have as much light available as possible to achieve best quality. Please only send pictures of least 800px width.
- Renameyour picture to your username (example: "Aristotle.jpg")
- Add this to the email's subject line: your username, the category you wish to enter (example: "Aristotle, best small board")
- Submit your image or video link to this email adress: BOTB2012hcfx@gmail.com
L I S T . O F . E N T R A N T S
Texas Noise Factory