• Show
Clear All

• HCFX BOTB 2012 - Official Rules List and Guidelines

S C H E D U L E

Entry: 25 Nov (Sun) - 9 Dec (Sun)

Voting: 10 Dec (Mon) - 18 Dec (Tues)

Raffle drawing: 19 Dec (Wed)

R U L E S
    1. Entries are welcome from all HC members. However, members with a registration date on or after Sun, Nov 25 2012 are excluded from the Prize Raffle.

2. Each forumite may enter in one regular category. An additional entry in a "Special Category" is optional, but aswell limited to one entry in one additional category. The additional submission does not award for the prize raffle.

3. A photo of the board is required, including a sign with your username and date taken clearly displayed. Adding your Name/Date text as a graphic to the photo after it was taken is not recommended, but such submissions will be accepted. Please act in good faith regarding this rule and don't take advantage of this "loop-hole".

4. All boards must be wired, pass signal and be ready to play. Boards wired by professionals or design companies are only allowed to enter in the Moderator/Pro category.

5. If you are a professional maker of pedalboards, pedals or related equipment, we suggest you to enter into the Moderator/Pro category for good.

6. Every effect in your signal chain will count as 1. Every pedal that is not in your chain will not count (like exp. pedal or tap tempo).

7. The winners from each category will be entered in a championship round for the title of "Best Pedalboard of 2012"

8. Violating one of the rules prohibits participation in the Battle of the Boards 2012 contest. Additionally, anyone who is under a temp ban is ineligible to win prizes or a "category win", including the "bragging rights" that would otherwise come with a category win. All entries will be checked for "alts" - if you were thinking about using an alt moniker or three to enter the contest, don't. It's an instant disqualification, not to mention HC ban.

9. If there is ambiguity, don't hesitate to ask in this thread or contact Aristotle (PN) or post the question in this thread.

10. H a v e . f u n !

C A T E G O R I E S

You may enter in one of the following categories by submitting one single image of your pedal board. Feel free to compete with an equally sized board or with a special purpose board:

• Small Board (2-5 pedals)

• Medium Board (6-10 pedals)

• Large Board (11-15 pedals)

• Monster Board (16 pedals and more)

• Budget Board (Mainly cheap Pedals under 100$, max. one Pedal up to 200$)

• Boutique Board (Mainly boutique, expensive and rare Pedals)

• Vintage Board (Mainly Pedals that are old)

• DIY Board (Mainly self-made pedals, non-professional pedals)

• Noise Board (Mainly special purpose pedals like bitcrusher, synthies etc.)

• Bass Board

• Moderator/Pro Board (a "display only" category, any HC moderator or musical equipment related professional can enter, no prizes will be awarded)

Every participant may choose to enter one of the following "Special Categories" additionally. These are vote-only and are not eligible for an additional draw in the prize raffle.

• Best Pedal Demonstration (video demonstration of a single pedal)

• Best Rig Demonstration (video demonstration of multiple pedals, guitars, amps, whatever you want to show)

• Best Live Use of Effects (Video of you playing infront of an audience. This is the only exception of a pre-produced entry that does not afford the BOTB-signage and may have been recorded within the last 12 months)

• Most Creative Pedal Board Picture (must be a different image than your regular entry. Needs a sign with date and username aswell)

• Best Complete Rig (one image showing your rack and remote unit all together with your board)

• Best Photoshopped Pedalboard and/or BOTB Meme (Get funny and earn yourself a custom title)

P R I Z E . R A F F L E

There will be a random prize raffle for all submissions, legitimate to participate through the rules above

If you would like to donate a prize, don't hesitate to contact me.

L I S T . O F . P R I Z E S

H O W . T O . P A R T I C I P A T E

Please follow these simple steps to submit your entry:
    1. Write or print a sign that holds your username and the date.

2. Take aphoto of your board containing the sign. If you have an older camera, be sure to have as much light available as possible to achieve best quality. Please only send pictures of least 800px width.

3. Renameyour picture to your username (example: "Aristotle.jpg")

4. Add this to the email's subject line: your username, the category you wish to enter (example: "Aristotle, best small board")

5. Submit your image or video link to this email adress: BOTB2012hcfx@gmail.com

Enjoy!

L I S T . O F . E N T R A N T S

-Norge-

AaronSS

adamthemute

Aedes

ambient

Ambient Exposure

Amnesiac

Ancient

AngryGoldfish

Aristotle

B_nehpets

Baxandall

Beastly

bieke

Blakemore Effects

blanketblanket

bmoncbus

bogg808

Boytbpc

Bzrkrage

caeman

ChuckNorris1982

Cisco

Coolhand78

Crxsh

cryptosonic

Dandy13

DEATHIVIONKEY

delayed delay

DigiTechRep

DiscoFreq

dkerwood

DooGy00

draelyc

duncan

dweebking

dweebking

echodeluxe

eerock

Electric Warrior

Elessar [Sly]

Fender&EHX4ever

Flanging_Fred

Frankenstrat86

fruvai

gae86

gambit

Goodhonk

guitardustin

H.P. Lovecraft

hangwire

Harry_Manback1

Henry_13

hilikus8

hivedestruction

Holm14

Hooya

Hurtzher

iamthearm

ibentmywookie

ichron

imall41

IRG

JackpotJewel

Jahn

jenesis

Jhideout

Jisatsu

johnnyunitas

jordanjordan

Josh33

jskadiang

k tone

Kimme

King Rat

KoskineN

kpd78

Langue

lerxst1031

Lou Speed

LSDis4me

macadood

magnum pi

majafa

Marshredder

martha_KH

Matt Gnarly

mischultz

missfortune

mmolteratx

Mr. Sarum

n!k

NakedInTheRain

Naterel

NBarnes21

nice_atd

Nightraven

nomenclature

Notjonahbutnoah

NPFRS

ococis

Paint

papersun

pedaltones

Pelliot

Penelope Twee

Pewterschmit

pktrono

Poltergeist

poolshark

Renula

riff ie

Ron Burgandy

RUExp?

Seth Carmody

SilverburstLP

SmallEQ

smalltownsongs

Snufkino

SonicMayhem42

SpaceFlunky

Sparkfriction

spectraljulian

spentron

starmansam

SteveMcB

Stevics

strat87

stratguy23

Stubacca

t-rey

Texas Noise Factory

The Lou-Dog

Toe

ToonHollow

Trainbridge

tri99ger

Trick Fall

triviani

tronus

Tuckster

turnitto11

turnstylepoet

udi9

Urinate Forever

V

vidret

warpsmasher

wawbanks

WeStartToDrift

wundergussy

Y0UNGBL00D

YoungBL00D

Zappa74

Zetor

Zygoat
    Originally Posted by Rainer Maria Rilke

Sound, no longer measurable
    with sense of hearing. As if that tone
    outstripping us on every side
    were space maturing.

Alright guys, I've cleared my PMs so there'll be no problem getting through to me with any concerns/questions/suggestions.

Previous Years

Recommended Links

BOTB Rewind

Organize BOTB '11

were space maturing.

Comment

O)))

Comment

Well done Lieutenant Worf.
        I didn't come here to save whales, I came here to get laid and make rock 'n' roll

Comment

aren't we rush with it? a week from today doesn't seem enough IMO. We don't have yet any prize, and I doubt that just in one week everything will be set.

Thanks for the effort, though
          Gear: Fender American TeleFender Thin-skin JMFender Vibroverb '63 RiToo many pedlolsGreat deals with: Henry_13 (x2), HeartfeltDawn (x2), loobs, theboywho, gambit (x2), ghjhardwick, Used_666 (x2), Loobs, brandnewzo, SG1 too many others I can't remember

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by gae86
            View Post

aren't we rush with it? a week from today doesn't seem enough IMO. We don't have yet any prize, and I doubt that just in one week everything will be set.

Thanks for the effort, though

Agreed. Too soon to for the deadline, but thanks for taking it on

Comment

What are you guys thinking for a deadline?

Two weeks seemed like a long enough timeframe for me and I thought finishing it all up before Christmas would be best for everyone, but we can push it back a little if you guys need.

were space maturing.

Comment

Let the complaining begin!
                Good deals with: TravvyBear, TD Moyer, modeerf, starmansam, dyer_maker, Reaganomics!, frenchji

Gods of Harvest

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by mhuxtable
                  View Post

Sad but true. The sale and production a tissues typically reaches a record high when HCFX runs any type of contest, because of all the crybabies of course.
                  Love,Dustinhttp://peendubya.freeforums.org

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle
                    View Post

What are you guys thinking for a deadline?

Two weeks seemed like a long enough timeframe for me and I thought finishing it all up before Christmas would be best for everyone, but we can push it back a little if you guys need.

Perhaps I misunderstood. It looked like Dec 2 was the deadline for enties. That's 1 week away.

Comment

I'd say push it back one week. I have to make my prize lol
                      www.shoepedals.com

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by mhuxtable
                        View Post

Quote Originally Posted by guitardustin
                        View Post

Sad but true. The sale and production a tissues typically reaches a record high when HCFX runs any type of contest, because of all the crybabies of course.

Gae and I had a valid concern. I'm not waiting on any new pedals to complete my board, I just have a lack of time between now and next Sunday, and I reckon many other forumites share that. But perhaps you don't want me to post because my board will outshine yours

Comment

I think everything pushed of one week would better. That's just my opinion though.
                          Gear: Fender American TeleFender Thin-skin JMFender Vibroverb '63 RiToo many pedlolsGreat deals with: Henry_13 (x2), HeartfeltDawn (x2), loobs, theboywho, gambit (x2), ghjhardwick, Used_666 (x2), Loobs, brandnewzo, SG1 too many others I can't remember

Comment

I need an 8 week lead time to take a picture.
                            Originally Posted by Naterel "All bands suck period"

Comment

Seriously? It takes maybe 30 minutes to put some pedals on a board, snap a photo, upload it online. and that's accounting for TGP neatness.

Whiny dudes who don't wanna step up and make a contest happen.
                              Good deals with: TravvyBear, TD Moyer, modeerf, starmansam, dyer_maker, Reaganomics!, frenchji

Gods of Harvest

Comment

Working...
                              X