Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

The POG2 Organ and OC-3 Bass on my band's new tracks!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The POG2 Organ and OC-3 Bass on my band's new tracks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D4mPanuuG0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGP9iElw_00

And here's the rig:

My band is just now releasing our first tracks as a duo (a little bit behind schedule. Oh well). After keyboardist/bassist left, we wanted to try it as a duo, so I got the OC-3 to send just the low notes out to a PA, and I got the POG2 to add some more variety. I'd love to hear your thoughts! (and bear in mind that except for a bass synth over the last few bars of the first track, this is all just live guitar and drums--no overdubs, no double tracking)

The bass sound just adds bottom bump. It doesn't sound like a bass guitar here. It's way more lively when i run from the OC-3 to my old Digitech 2112 for tube driving and EQ then to PA, but when we recorded this, i sent the OC-3 straight to a DI box. I was planning to EQ and overdrive it a bit after recording. But we couldn't get any decent overdrive or punch out of it, cuz the only thing that recorded were the fundamental tones down around 100 hz. Ugg... I hadn't even bothered get out of my recording booth and go listen to what was being recorded until it was mixing time. I think that switching to a low impedence signal before EQ'ing/driving it is why we only got the fundamentals(?) Oh well, I think I've learned for next time.
    My band!:
    www.steelphantoms.com/
    my stage stuff:
    fender jimmie vaughan strat, korg dt-10, ts-9, keeley rat, thoroughly modded big muff, 4ms tremulus lune, eventide timefactor running stereo to a traynor bassmaster (w hotplate) and a fender HRD. Everything ('cept the TimeFactor and dt-10) is modded, with much help from folks at Harmony Central. Thanks everybody!

Good stuff man. I'm using an OC-3 for an acoustic + drums combo. Fattens it right up, but its much better for intermittent finger picking or capo playing IMHO. I've seen a split piezo pickup online (2+4 string split). Would tighten it up even more.
    <div class="signaturecontainer">Selling: <br />
    <br />
    <b><br />
    Mini mixer £25 posted. Good size for pedalboards.<br />
    EHX 24v DC adapter £12 posted<br />
    Dual momentary footswitch £20 posted.<br />
    Telecaster 3 way switch and vintage jack socket. £5 posted<br />
    </b><br />
    <br />
    <font size="1"><i>Excellent dealings with AncientMariner, Chucknorris1982, Daysofspeed, Kurd01, Melx, SirLemonHead, and a few of others I can't remember. . .</i></font></div>

Comment

Are you able to split low frequencies with the OC-3?

Sounds darn good
      CHANGE: 1. Demoralization 2. Destabilization 3. Crisis 4. Normalization

Comment

Really enjoyed the music and the use of gear. Very cool stuff indeed.
        <div class="signaturecontainer">My Rig<br />
        <br />
        Yamaha AES620HB<br />
        Peavey Generation EXP Custom with 2 Kent Armstrong P90s<br />
        &gt;<br />
        Korg Blackout Tuner&gt;Dunlop 535Q Wah&gt;Mooer Hustle Drive&gt;Freekish Blues Chubb Up Fuzz&gt;Zvex Super Duper Clone&gt;TC Electronic Flashback X4<br />
        &gt;<br />
        Vox VT20+</div>

Comment

sounds really good! very full, and enough variety to keep it interesting. second one is kinda REMish.

Comment

Sounds a lot like The Vaccines!

Definitely don't miss the low end of a bass guitar, good job

Comment

Sounds good.
              http://deadhandcollective.blogspot.com - my band
              http://divinemotherrecordings.com -my label
              http://divinemotherrecordings.bandcamp.com
              http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...l=1#post425143 99 - good deals

Comment

Curtain call is Amazing man!
                <div class="signaturecontainer">Proud Member of the Jet Setters (Jet City Lounge)</div>

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by jonnygreentrees
                  View Post

Sounds a lot like The Vaccines!

Definitely don't miss the low end of a bass guitar, good job

yeah, the first one for sure.

Comment

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Lanefair
                      View Post

Good stuff man. I'm using an OC-3 for an acoustic + drums combo. Fattens it right up, but its much better for intermittent finger picking or capo playing IMHO. I've seen a split piezo pickup online (2+4 string split). Would tighten it up even more.

Sweet. Do you have tunes up online? In some of our other new songs, I use my pick on bass notes and middle and ring fingers to play high notes. It makes for a great sound, but then i can't do my fast constant downstrokes. Hope to record more soon!
                      My band!:
                      www.steelphantoms.com/
                      my stage stuff:
                      fender jimmie vaughan strat, korg dt-10, ts-9, keeley rat, thoroughly modded big muff, 4ms tremulus lune, eventide timefactor running stereo to a traynor bassmaster (w hotplate) and a fender HRD. Everything ('cept the TimeFactor and dt-10) is modded, with much help from folks at Harmony Central. Thanks everybody!

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector 71
                        View Post

Are you able to split low frequencies with the OC-3?

Sounds darn good

Thanks! And yep, with the OC-3 "polyphonic" mode, you choose the highest freq you want to be octaved down. There's room for improvement, but it works pretty well. I can't think of any other pedals that do this, but i predict there will be a bunch of them some day--for folks who don't wanna mess with hex pickups and midi.
                        My band!:
                        www.steelphantoms.com/
                        my stage stuff:

Comment

your band kicks ass. my gf and are are listening to it in bed right now.

no really, this **************** is great.
                          Test Tech Wattson Classic Electronics<br><br>EL KABONG wrote: I turned down $25 grand cash for gay sex.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by goodhonk
                            View Post

sounds really good! very full, and enough variety to keep it interesting. second one is kinda REMish.

Great to hear!! I wrote the riff in that tune, and even though I had The Smiths "Headmaster Ritual" in mind, you mentioning REM is an honor! They were my first ever favorite band! They'll always mean a lot to me.
                            My band!:
                            www.steelphantoms.com/
                            my stage stuff:

Comment

Thanks EVERYBODY. This is all good to hear. If you've got friends who might enjoy these songs, send them the tunes too. Your feedback is really encouraging.... I spend most of my Harmony Central time over on the nuthouse political forum these days, but I learned tons and tons and tonsssss from Harmony Central's amps and effects reviews/forums back in the day. So it's great to hear this from all y'all.
                              My band!:
                              www.steelphantoms.com/
                              my stage stuff:

Comment

Working...
                              X