No announcement yet.

NSHNVD (Not So Happy New Vinyl Day): Beatles Stereo Remasters Boxed Set

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wat
    YᵒᵘOᶰˡʸLᶤᵛᵉ OᶰᶜᵉRobopimp wrote:Chat crüe is srs crüeFor Sale: Ibanez DML-10, Boss TW-1, Boss FZ-2/3Good deals with: Duderanimous, Overwhelmed987, Jules-RM, DoubleBarrel, HotRats, Fusion1, IRG, barney steele, Aaron SS, Urinate Forever, Raintes, crowquill, Blakemore Effects, Aimmar Cair, lefort_1, killthelights, 9720575 (CHUCK!)

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by GhostLunch
      View Post

yeah that sucks. plus mono is the way to go with almost ALL beatles recordings.

+1
      —-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello, friend.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by imbuedblue
        View Post

Tip-on is the old school style of printing where the artwork is printed to paper which is then folded over and glued to 24pt chipboard shells. Direct to board is where they just print directly onto lighter weight jackets. It's kind of like the difference between a paperback and hardback book. Anyway, the Beatles jackets were direct printed onto really lightweight stock that seems about the weight used for Trident Gum packaging.

First world problems indeed. Spend more time listening and less time worrying about paper weight and inking methods.
        Good deals with: TravvyBear, TD Moyer, modeerf, starmansam, dyer_maker, Reaganomics!, frenchji

Gods of Harvest

Comment

I don't like this record for the fact that it pushed back the vinyl release of the new Converge and Neurosis records (I read that somewhere but can't remember where).
          http://deadhandcollective.blogspot.com - my band
          http://divinemotherrecordings.com -my label
          http://divinemotherrecordings.bandcamp.com
          http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...l=1#post425143 99 - good deals

Comment

I don't understand why they haven't remixed the Beatles stereo catalog.

Everyone agrees that the old stereo mixes blow. Get in there, **************** with them and make them sound good.
            I didn't come here to save whales, I came here to get laid and make rock 'n' roll

Comment

Not a big fan, but I've got the old 1978 box set. Never had any qualms with it.
              Cause sometimes the rhetoric don't go with the contents

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Zappa74
                View Post

I don't understand why they haven't remixed the Beatles stereo catalog.

Everyone agrees that the old stereo mixes blow. Get in there, **************** with them and make them sound good.

When recording to 4 track a lot of mix decisions are made early on during bouncing, so a remix would be nigh on impossible.
                Originally Posted By Trace-P38
                Flogger wins.

Originally Posted by Uma Floresta View Post
                Because we floggers won the music war some time ago.

Originally Posted by Mike Riley View Post
                Preaching to the choir Rush in on a whole different level to quote a movie You might listen to Rush but you cant here Rush

http://www.box.net/shared/x85lhnst14

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Flogger59
                  View Post

When recording to 4 track a lot of mix decisions are made early on during bouncing, so a remix would be nigh on impossible.

Which is a perfect reason to make the mono masters the standard. Alas.
                  Originally Posted by jnurp

hearing brokenhymen or whatever they are called makes me appreciate one single note from BB king that much more.

Originally Posted by jrkirkish

Obama: "The partisan divide is killing this country"
                  Left side of the room: *Standing ovation*
                  Right side of the room: *silence*
                  Obama (later, alone and drinking): *facepalm*

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by goodhonk
                    View Post

looking forward to depeche mode reissues!

Dude.

youtube
                    soundclick

Deals: Tron Murphy, hangwire, renula, AimmarCair, Urinate Forever, ck3

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Flogger59
                      View Post

Sure but the Doors remixed all their albums in 2007. Granted, only the first album was 4 track, but there was still benefits to be had.

I'm sure they could at the very least eliminate the hard panned vocals and other stupid choices that plague the Beatles stereo records.
                      I didn't come here to save whales, I came here to get laid and make rock 'n' roll

Comment

The Depeche Mode reissues have been out for years ...

I recall that when I bought the RI of "Rumours," I felt really cheated that I wasn't invited to blow coke up Stevie Nicks' bum with a golden straw.
                        https://soundcloud.com/danhedonia

Comment

well, I guess I'll just have to burn the building down...

www.myspace.com/stillillsd
                          www.myspace.com/noisegateband

Originally Posted by Naterel

Itchyfingers gets my vote, his pedals scream class

Originally Posted by bird turbo

I have a kid like that in the band I play in at my church. I just wanna kick in his little face.

Originally Posted by Poltergeist

it sounds like a pitbull is eating the Universe.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Wulver
                            View Post

Which is a perfect reason to make the mono masters the standard. Alas.

They're the standard for me (unfortunately not for iTunes Match, but that's another story).

Comment

Working...
                            X