goodbye Connor-R.I.P.

Reauchambeau

• Members

I just found out a fellow forumite on the Crystal Castles site, passed away a few days ago.
I've been following his story for the last few months, he had cancer, I believe he was 26 years old and lived in Glasgow Scotland.
he was incredibly brave and never gave up hope. yet he didn't deny his seemingly inevitable fate.
this is just devastating to even comprehend, the poor guy went way too young.
even though I didn't "know" him, us forumites do kind of get to know each I guess.
I know I piss off a lot of people here sometimes, but the bottom line is, I wish every single one you good heath and happiness.
in the video, you can see Alice lighting a shrine for Connor at the beginning of their show in Brixton on Saturday (Connor would have been stoked to know this), apperently they cut the show short as she broke down and couldn't continue.

R.I.P. Connor

• Members

cancer affects a lot of people and families. my mother passed due to cancer.

sorry to hear that, I lost my dad to cancer. like you say, it affects almost everyone. the saddest thing is this kid was only 18, it's just so wrong.

watching it unfold on a forum is really tough, but seeing how much love he got from people he shared something in common with and CC, gives me some faith in humanity.

• Members

Cancer is rough, my best friend survived testicular cancer, my mom is dying from pancreatic cancer, and my dad survived colon cancer. I'm hoping it skips my generation.

Sorry for your friend. Sending best wishes for you and his family.

so sorry to hear about your mom, you have my sympathy friend. that's awesome your dad beat the colon cancer, that's what took my father, he never went to a doctor.

Archived