Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

kind of cool, the first Boss CE-1 ..serial 000001!

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kind of cool, the first Boss CE-1 ..serial 000001!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BOSS-CE-1-CH...item1e74dc2c17

not too bad a price i guess for that. i just remember when i got one for $20, and two more for about $40-50 each
    OTHERWORLDLY. Psychedelic, Noise, Shoegaze.Joey Levenson on SoundCloud

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Roland-JC-12...item3cccca5df0

hmm
    soundcloud.com/nonlocality
    nonlocality.bandcamp.com

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by seifukusha
      View Post

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BOSS-CE-1-CH...item1e74dc2c17

not too bad a price i guess for that. i just remember when i got one for $20, and two more for about $40-50 each

But they typically sell for what these days - $400? $500? You're looking at a near doubling in cost to have the bragging rights of owning the one with the 00001 serial number. Might be worth it to a hard core collector, but not so much as a working man's piece of gear.

Still, that's pretty cool. Thanks for posting that!

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

They're nice amps, too!

Comment

I had three, each cost me $19.
          Winner of nothing, BOTB Raffle 2011

@Jenesis

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Phil O'Keefe
            View Post

But they typically sell for what these days - $400? $500? You're looking at a near doubling in cost to have the bragging rights of owning the one with the 00001 serial number. Might be worth it to a hard core collector, but not so much as a working man's piece of gear.

Still, that's pretty cool. Thanks for posting that!

they seem to be going for around 300 lately

to be fair though, how many 'working men' still use a ce-1 these days...just not very practical as cool as it is and as much as i want one.

but i'm with you on this phil. and the seller says "This is may be the most collectible boss pedal out there...There is only one of these in the world". well no ****************, there's only one of every serial number in the world i've got a serial #1 One Ton Bee, should i be selling it for $250?
            YᵒᵘOᶰˡʸLᶤᵛᵉ OᶰᶜᵉRobopimp wrote:Chat crüe is srs crüeFor Sale: Ibanez DML-10, Boss TW-1, Boss FZ-2/3Good deals with: Duderanimous, Overwhelmed987, Jules-RM, DoubleBarrel, HotRats, Fusion1, IRG, barney steele, Aaron SS, Urinate Forever, Raintes, crowquill, Blakemore Effects, Aimmar Cair, lefort_1, killthelights, 9720575 (CHUCK!)

Comment

and pk is right. wookie's Jazz Chorus from the pedal party sounded marvelous!
              YᵒᵘOᶰˡʸLᶤᵛᵉ OᶰᶜᵉRobopimp wrote:Chat crüe is srs crüeFor Sale: Ibanez DML-10, Boss TW-1, Boss FZ-2/3Good deals with: Duderanimous, Overwhelmed987, Jules-RM, DoubleBarrel, HotRats, Fusion1, IRG, barney steele, Aaron SS, Urinate Forever, Raintes, crowquill, Blakemore Effects, Aimmar Cair, lefort_1, killthelights, 9720575 (CHUCK!)

Comment

850$ BIN for the first CE-1 ever produced?

seems not so high for a real collectors item...

but if you not a hardcore collector the price is way of...

but hey i lately found out that roland beebaas go now for 500$ and they get bought

Comment

just bought one recently. I love it
                  good peoples: Fender&EHX4ever, Melx, Woolyh

Comment

I have a CE-1, the # isn't 1, but my OD-1 has 0000 for a sn. I think they made a lot of them like that.
                    Originally Posted By Trace-P38
                    Flogger wins.

Originally Posted by Uma Floresta View Post
                    Because we floggers won the music war some time ago.

Originally Posted by Mike Riley View Post
                    Preaching to the choir Rush in on a whole different level to quote a movie You might listen to Rush but you cant here Rush

http://www.box.net/shared/x85lhnst14

Comment

Any one of our pedals could have 0000000001 on them. Now I feel the need to check.
                      Selling:

Mini mixer £25 posted. Good size for pedalboards.
                      EHX 24v DC adapter £12 posted
                      Dual momentary footswitch £20 posted.
                      Telecaster 3 way switch and vintage jack socket. £5 posted

Excellent dealings with AncientMariner, Chucknorris1982, Daysofspeed, Kurd01, Melx, SirLemonHead, and a few of others I can't remember. . .

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Lanefair
                        View Post

Any one of our pedals could have 0000000001 on them. Now I feel the need to check.

lanefair pls. i have all of my pedals' serial number recorded in an excel spreadsheet, along with date acquired, price, date traded/sold...etc

Comment

Played the Retro-Sonic chorus once. Sounded pretty damn good to me. The end.
                          Originally Posted by EL KABONG

I think John Mayer [he] is writing to try and impress the wrong kind of chicks. He is writing to impress the Jennifer Anniston, Paris Hilton crowd. Anniston thinks his music is seriously "intense" so its working. If you think about it we're all just trying to impress the chicks. I think I write or play to impress the hot cool hippy chicks not mega millionaires actresses, thats why he sounds plastic.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Flogger59
                            View Post

I have a CE-1, the # isn't 1, but my OD-1 has 0000 for a sn. I think they made a lot of them like that.

Yeah, I had a CE-2 with s/n 0000 back in 2000 that I sold on eBay for a pretty penny. I did not mind seeing that bidding war at all
                            Builder of Monsterpiece Pedals
                            http://monsterpiecefuzz.com/
                            richard@monsterpiecefuzz.com

Comment

Working...
                            X