X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by goodhonk
    View Post

yeah, that's the reissue; which are also getting harder to find.

Tech 21 is selling them on their site? Unless that's some new reissue that looks exactly the same?

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Computicus
      View Post

Tech 21 is selling them on their site? Unless that's some new reissue that looks exactly the same?

Well, I think the one I'm looking at is a reissue that happened earlier than the current issue that's currently available. Look at the new version. It doesn't have "DC" next to the power jack. Plus it's quite a bit more expensive to buy new.

Thus my conundrum.
      —-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello, friend.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Noise Factory
        View Post

Plus it's quite a bit more expensive to buy new.

Tech 21: "If people will pay that much for the original, we should charge the same amount for the reissue!"

i feel you.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Computicus
          View Post

Tech 21: "If people will pay that much for the original, we should charge the same amount for the reissue!"

i feel you.

It's funny really... The one I used to have died after about 10 years of heavy use. That was about 5 years ago. I bought it used back in the day for probably 60 bucks or so. I just really connected with it using it to demo songs for my band, and it was easy to get a sound with it that I really liked.

Nowadays, they go for stupid money probably cuz Kurt Cobain used one. I really have a problem with re-buying pedals for stupid money that I used to have and had bought for nothing... Oh well though. I miss it.

I really can't blame Tech 21 though. It makes business sense.
          —-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello, friend.

Comment

oh, i didn't realize they reissued the reissue.
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

View Post

oh, i didn't realize they reissued the reissue.

lol.

Yeah, thus the reason for my continued questioning!

Comment

Not a bass player but and avid fan of the Sansamp Classic. I got mine way back when the company (Tech21) just started. Here's a clip recorded (all instruments direct) using the original SA Classic.

Yes I know in the Tonefinder description it says Marshall JVM. They make you fill in some info before you can post and Sansamp wasn't and option. One of my other amps is a JVM.

http://www.tonefinder.com/index.php?...id&value=12159
                FDP Political Exile and Proud of It

Comment

I think they were always kind of pricey (but a good value for what they are) so relatively speaking I don't think the new ones are more expensive. i also don't recall them ever actually goingout of production, but I could be wrong on that. Also 60 bucks for one even back in the day was a screaming deal. I've had my eye out for one since the early nineties and I think the cheapest I've ever seen was 175.00
                  Cause sometimes the rhetoric don't go with the contents

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

I think it only sounded good in low gain settings.

The fender mode. Very touch sensitive.

Comment

I got it tonight. Looking forward to putting it through its paces... Now to find some old pics of the settings I used to use!

Comment

Anything that is made by SansAmp is killer stuff.
                          www.bartketner.com

www.rissonamplifiers.com

www.rosepickups.com

www.claytoncustom.com

www.drstrings.com

Comment

FYI gang, there is a sansamp classics for $150over at tgp.
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

View Post

FYI gang, there is a sansamp classics for $150over at tgp.

Dammit dammit dammit!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X