Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sansamp Classic: good for low gain OD?

There probably aren't too many of these (the original, the limited edition or the re-release) floating around here, but does anyone know if does low gain toanz well?

it does. there are better pedals for that though. are you going direct?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Nope, it'll be at the beginning of my chain. I should specify that this is a bass quest.

I've heard a lot of Talkbass cats raving about the Hardwire CM-2 for this kind of bass thing, but i prefer the gain structure of the Classic.

Comment

I used to love mine before it **************** the bed. It was a great tool for tone shaping both live, and in the studio. I used it for bass quite a bit too.
        —-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello, friend.

Comment

its a great pedal.

Comment

I have an original, I'm a bass player.

it has a bass setting and allows a lot of tone shaping, you will definitely need an eq to add some bottom end because it's lean in that department.
            great transactions with: pointblank73, duderanimous

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Reauchambeau
              View Post

I have an original, I'm a bass player.

it has a bass setting and allows a lot of tone shaping, you will definitely need an eq to add some bottom end because it's lean in that department.

I was afraid of that. ****************e. I play flatwounds too so i've got a lot of lows by default. Maybe i'll check out the CM-2.

Comment

Just got a line on one of the OG SansAmp Classics locally that looks really clean. It has the box, power supply, and the manual too. Is $175 a decent price for one of these?
                —-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello, friend.

Comment

Price is ok. Be careful, I believe the reissue is called "the classic" and some guys sell theirs as the first run not knowing any better.

I sold a very clean genuine first run for $300+ last year.
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Nice! I hope it goes smoothly. I really miss my old one, and was excited when this popped up close by.

Thanks for the tip on identifying the reissue. The guy says his hasn't been used in years, so taking it at face value, it's probably legit.

Comment

here's the one i sold. i believe the reissue will say classic on it.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by goodhonk
                        View Post

here's the one i sold. i believe the reissue will say classic on it.

Thanks! The new ones that I see on eBay don't have markings on the face next to the power plug that say "DC". The older ones listed don't say "classic" on them. The one I'm looking at has the "DC" markings, but also has the "classic" label...

Maybe a later issue of the original?

I don't necessarily have to have the original first issue, I just don't want to get screwed!

Comment

The one I'm looking at looks like this.

Comment

yeah, that's the reissue; which are also getting harder to find.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by goodhonk
                              View Post

yeah, that's the reissue; which are also getting harder to find.

Still a good deal at that price? If so, I'm in like Flynn!

Comment

Working...
                              X