favorite bootlegs

goodhonk

• Members

My favorite is a Blondie one called Little Doll that had a gig from Dallas and some of their first demos on it. I got it It's Only Rock and Roll which was a great bootleg record store on 8th Street in Greenwich Village. The store is long gone, but I sometimes think about it when I walk by the building.

• Members

My favorite is probably Jimi Hendrix - Jimi's Apartment 1968. Its just him working out song ideas and practicing. You can hear him flip pages of his notebook / sheet music, and even an old telephone ringing in the background of the last track.

Before you could download everything, I used to trade a ton of live music thru the mail using etree.org, were any of you guys on there? Anyway, I've got over 500 shows from the likes of: Allman Bros., Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers, Beatles, Beck, Bella Fleck Bob Dylan and Johnny Cash, Bob Marley, Buckethead, Bunny Wailer, Burning Spear, Charles Mingus, Charlie Hunter, Charlie Parker, CSNY, Dave Matthews, David Bowie, Grateful Dead, MMW, Phish, John Scofield, Ween

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by ItchyFingers View Post
My favorite is probably Jimi Hendrix - Jimi's Apartment 1968. Its just him working out song ideas and practicing. You can hear him flip pages of his notebook / sheet music, and even an old telephone ringing in the background of the last track.

Before you could download everything, I used to trade a ton of live music thru the mail using etree.org, were any of you guys on there? Anyway, I've got over 500 shows from the likes of: Allman Bros., Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers, Beatles, Beck, Bella Fleck Bob Dylan and Johnny Cash, Bob Marley, Buckethead, Bunny Wailer, Burning Spear, Charles Mingus, Charlie Hunter, Charlie Parker, CSNY, Dave Matthews, David Bowie, Grateful Dead, MMW, Phish, John Scofield, Ween
do you like the ease of coming across these things now or do you miss the old days when you had to work to find a new bootleg? i imagine for some the exclusivity and hard work was part of the pay off.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by shawnd2007 View Post
My Bloody Valentine , The "Loom" bootleg, '92
haha, i bought a video bootleg of them in osaka about 98, and it was 35 bucks but quickly went down to 10 when we previewed it and all it was ZZZPRPZPRPPZRPRPZPRPZPRPRPRP.

no sound just breaking tv speakers...ha

Archived