I bought a Coldplay album today

Zappa74

• Members

Well, do you like it? Doesn't really matter what others think. I like a lot of stuff that would be laughed at here (and even I might laugh at it, but I still dig it). I have one Coldplay album, I don't remember which one now. Wife bought it. I never hated it, but never really dug it much either. Not my thing. But I don't find it offensive, or grating or anything.

• Members
Say what you want, i like Coldplay. Mylo Xyloto has some great songs on it, minus the one with Raiana. I think X & Y is still their best album and Viva la Vita is pretty meh.

Ditto on all points, except that Viva la Vita has finally started to grow on me. It's a creeper album. Really didn't like it for years, but I listened to it again this year several times and I seem to "get it" now.

Saw them live in 2008, and it was an amazing show :love:

• Members

If this weird phase I'm in sticks, I'll check out their other stuff.

I'm just so completely burned out on classic rock, heavy rock, old country, metal, and all the {censored} I normally listen to.

Current pop music is oddly appealing right now. That and the Ramones.

• Members

Saw them at a festival in 2003, so it was all Parachutes and Rush of Blood stuff. And they were pretty damn awesome. X&Y had a couple of good songs and lots of good moments, but I've always felt on that and subsequent albums that the music is to grand and overblown sounding for the singer's twee, weak voice. If they had a better front man who could write good lyrics and songs they'd still be immense.

Archived