Collapse
No announcement yet.

***Cancer Fundraiser: Big News!!***

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob, I just donated $100. Please do with the tickets as you guys wish. I hereby donate them back.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Bob, I just donated $100. Please do with the tickets as you guys wish. I hereby donate them back.

I saw that--you really didn't need to do that given what you're going through. You're a very generous person...highest of rollas...to be helping these other families.

Care if we offer up the tickets as a ticket match, basically a 2 for 1 offer (using your tickets) to attract more donations?
      MAN for that kind of thing U got to go Back to the Old boxes from back when!! In those days we would bring are AMPS to the lake and wnen U tilt the Cab down by the water U can see the ****************in DENT it made! With the waves coming off it and Everything ****************!!!!! NOwadays they all play in there Dens and home bars or watever kind of **************** they get up to

Comment

229 away? plus Phil's and my tickets?

Comment

i think we can get 1000 plus our original goal

Comment

Care if we offer up the tickets as a ticket match, basically a 2 for 1 offer (using your tickets) to attract more donations?

If you feel that would be the best use of them, then by all means.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

Comment

If you feel that would be the best use of them, then by all means.

I'll go ahead and do that then--we can let them sit unused (which helps other people's odds of winning), but that doesn't help raise anymore money. hopefully someone will up the ante if they're getting a 2for1.
              MAN for that kind of thing U got to go Back to the Old boxes from back when!! In those days we would bring are AMPS to the lake and wnen U tilt the Cab down by the water U can see the ****************in DENT it made! With the waves coming off it and Everything ****************!!!!! NOwadays they all play in there Dens and home bars or watever kind of **************** they get up to

Comment

Cool! You can also use part of them to offset other previous 2:1 donations if needed.

Like I said, apply them wherever you think they can be of the most use.

- George Carlin

Comment

OK Guys--

the Man in Charge (aka Phil) has donated $100 to the fundraiser. but he already has enough pedals--so he's generously donating back his tickets to the raffle. that means he'll be matching his tickets with any new donations starting NOW until they're all used up. that means when you donate, you'll be getting 2 tickets for the price of 1!!

thank you Phil!!

update: we're at $2791. if we can get to $3K, an anonymous donor will be offering up his Klon KTR to the prize pool. there's only about 36 hrs left--so c'mon people, let's get movin'!!

Comment

oh bob. you've really outdone yourself this time i have no idea how you're going to keep track of all this 2 for 1 stuff and then the raffle itself, i don't envy you and it will likely result in a disaster and hte forum imploding over who gets the ktr or the v3 fuzz, but the contributions will be in by then at least.

best of luck bro, i'll probably pitch some more into the pot tomorrow if the 2 for 1 is still on
                    YᵒᵘOᶰˡʸLᶤᵛᵉ OᶰᶜᵉRobopimp wrote:Chat crüe is srs crüeFor Sale: Ibanez DML-10, Boss TW-1, Boss FZ-2/3Good deals with: Duderanimous, Overwhelmed987, Jules-RM, DoubleBarrel, HotRats, Fusion1, IRG, barney steele, Aaron SS, Urinate Forever, Raintes, crowquill, Blakemore Effects, Aimmar Cair, lefort_1, killthelights, 9720575 (CHUCK!)

Comment

I was just reading through the current price list and holy **************** that is quite the bonanza. One could build a pretty great board with that list along with an interesting sideboard.

Comment

Kindly remember:

the ridiculous hype

that offends so many

is not of my making.
                        http://movingmachines.bandcamp.com/

Comment

Kindly remember:

the ridiculous hype

that offends so many

is not of my making.

Burzynski
                          vs
                          FDA
                          changes come w/ the whether...

Comment

If the consensus is 2 for 1 then ill gladly donate my shares.

Comment

Just landed in New York and had to donate again before we even boarded. This is gonna be a great raffle!
                              On John Mayer:

Originally Posted by Sex Panther

He stole the suit from Clapton, and stole the music from SRV. I'm still trying to figure out where he stole his crappy airy voice from. A mix of Dave Matthews, and somebody who sucks.

"Well Julian may have more book learnin than me but it doesn't take a rocket appliance to figure this out."

Good Deals

Gear
                              Trinity Triwatt
                              1969 Ampeg VT-40
                              '74 Orange 4x12
                              ES 335
                              Supro Coronado

Comment

By my count--between Phil's and Krystoban's 2for1's--there are 57 tickets available.

Since it was announced--the following donations occured and will be recieving the following ticket matches:
                                sh333 5 tix
                                Pewt 5 tix
                                PK 5 tix
                                Succor 10 tix
                                marthaKH 20 tix
                                live-i-evil 5 tix
                                caeman 5 tix

total: 55

so there are 2 tickets left in the 2 for 1 match. HUGE thanks to both Phil and Krystobahn for their ticket donations--i think it really helped to generate this last minute flurry of donations!!

and we are also over the $3K mark--so that means a Klon KTR has been added to the prize list coutesy of a very generous anonymous donor!

Comment

Working...
                                X