Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Echorec Equals What Pedal Plus What Other Pedal?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

or maybe that red witch triple delay thing.
    YᵒᵘOᶰˡʸLᶤᵛᵉ OᶰᶜᵉRobopimp wrote:Chat crüe is srs crüeFor Sale: Ibanez DML-10, Boss TW-1, Boss FZ-2/3Good deals with: Duderanimous, Overwhelmed987, Jules-RM, DoubleBarrel, HotRats, Fusion1, IRG, barney steele, Aaron SS, Urinate Forever, Raintes, crowquill, Blakemore Effects, Aimmar Cair, lefort_1, killthelights, 9720575 (CHUCK!)

Comment

If you have a delay with stereo outs & a multi-tap mode with feedback, that can get you into similar territory rhythm wise.

I've put my SMMH in multi-tap to a feedback loop to try to do echorec sounds but I don't think it gets the rhythm quite right. If you watch a video demonstrating the original echorec on youtube you'll see how you really need something built to emulate it in order to match it rhythmically.

Comment

things that have worked for me--but definitely arent perfect:

1. Line6 M9. Multitap patch--set all 4 heads to 1 repeat. send that out to the Echoplatter (or whatever modulation/tape sim patch or pedal). use the tap tempo sync--so that the 4th head repeat matches up with the repeat of the other patch. iirc, it's like sixteenth note tap for the multitap and quarter note for the other patch.

2. SMMw/H. Set to 4 hard repeats--send that out to another delay and do your best to match up the 4th repeat with the repeat on the other delay.
        MAN for that kind of thing U got to go Back to the Old boxes from back when!! In those days we would bring are AMPS to the lake and wnen U tilt the Cab down by the water U can see the ****************in DENT it made! With the waves coming off it and Everything ****************!!!!! NOwadays they all play in there Dens and home bars or watever kind of **************** they get up to

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Zappa74
          View Post

Their repeats sound clang-y to me.

I'd recommend running a railroad crossing bell into your delay for optimal echorec toans.

I've seen some crappy youtube videos where the echorec is "clangy". I have a Binson and it is anything but clangy. Poor recording quality and poor tuning of the Binson seems to me.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Zappa74
            View Post

Their repeats sound clang-y to me.

I'd recommend running a railroad crossing bell into your delay for optimal echorec toans.

Wow...I like what you've done with the place!

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Waldo Pepper
              View Post

I've seen some crappy youtube videos where the echorec is "clangy". I have a Binson and it is anything but clangy. Poor recording quality and poor tuning of the Binson seems to me.

Wow...I like what you've done with the place!

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Player99
                View Post

Let me know if you get something. I thought if I added a couple of other tape style pedals like the Echo Park with the TL it would act like extra heads. Then some reverb to give it that "hall" reverby sound.

I can't say I'm too familiar with an echorec, but know of the sound (and have owned a space echo before). I messed around with the timeline for a bit and the one model that really seems to get close to the pgs video is the Dual Delay, especially with the "Time 2" parameter set to 4/3 or 5/3. I'd have to hear them a/b'd to really know whether I'm really getting close, but of course, it's only two delay lines.
                Formerly known as Spoonie G.

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/7874/spoileri.jpg

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Deville
                  View Post

Easy: Echo pedal + Rec pedal.

K.I.S.S.

You should call it the Echorectum. K.I.S.S.
                  Hey

Comment

I tried the TL dual delay and there is something there, but I am not familiar with how to set it.
                    Hey

Comment

has anyone tried the dual delay on the timeline vs the echo rec?
                      Formerly known as Spoonie G.

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/7874/spoileri.jpg

Comment

echo platter + multihead on an m9 with a bit of tweaking for times sounds pretty close...
                        FOR SALEBruno Royal Artist 12 string hollowbody $525Tapco 6000R spring reverb mixer

Comment

Echorec = Delay pedal with FX loop + CB Pareidolia?
                          - ChadEndorsing Artist: Cave Passive Pedals

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by caeman
                            View Post

Echorec = Delay pedal with FX loop + CB Pareidolia?

more multihead than modulation in my estimation
                            FOR SALEBruno Royal Artist 12 string hollowbody $525Tapco 6000R spring reverb mixer

Comment

Working...
                            X