Building a pedalboard. What carpet/velcro? What did you use?

anjin-san

• Members

having the same issue, cant seem to find large enough sheets at any of the common stores (Lowes, Home Depot, Michaels, etc.)

I've used the carpet that is used for pop up exhibition displays before, but if you tend to rearrange your board frequently it doesn't seem to last and after awhile starts to look F'd up as well as gets very loose because the weave starts to give.

• Members

I know exactly what you mean. I've outgrown mine as well, I've been an amp distortion guy for almost 30 years but wanted to change things up and have a bit more versatility. Never needed a big pedal board until now.

Fully intend to build my own as I have in the past, and I want the right velcro carpet because I want the damn thing to last.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Zappa74 View Post
I use this shit. 5 feet is $9 at wal mart. Apparently it's the same kind Trent Reznor uses.

IMG_20121128_212341.jpg
5'x2". really would rather not put 25 or so 36" strips down. (ok exaggerating, 7 would do it)

The velcro carpet on ebay is the trade show display crap I've used in the past, loops get pulled out and loose too easily.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Zappa74 View Post
I use this shit. 5 feet is $9 at wal mart. Apparently it's the same kind Trent Reznor uses.

IMG_20121128_212341.jpg
That's the variety I use, though I picked up a 10 or 15 foot roll of it from Michael's, which is a fabric and crafts store. I think it cost me $25 or something like that.

Archived