Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Building a pedalboard. What carpet/velcro? What did you use?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building a pedalboard. What carpet/velcro? What did you use?

I've outgrown my NYC and my Pedaltrain...where do they get the stuff they use? I imagine they buy it in huge quantities. Is there stuff I can buy a couple of yards at a time?
    AnalogMan Sundial Sunface White Dot NKT-275 - $350
    Pefftronics Super Rand-o-Matic - $350
    LS Effects Brown Note - $150

how big is your board?
    soundcloud.com/nonlocality
    nonlocality.bandcamp.com

Comment

I guess around 36x16 give or take.

Comment

having the same issue, cant seem to find large enough sheets at any of the common stores (Lowes, Home Depot, Michaels, etc.)

I've used the carpet that is used for pop up exhibition displays before, but if you tend to rearrange your board frequently it doesn't seem to last and after awhile starts to look F'd up as well as gets very loose because the weave starts to give.

Comment

The carpet on the NYC didn't really hold up either, but I've had it for like 5 years. The board itself is a champ, I just don't feel like spending 200+ on another one at the moment.

Comment

the thing is, I have an M13 in my rig, and 5 other pedals and that fit on the 30" NYC just fine. But I went and bought 2 more.

Comment

Velcro carpet on ebay. Get it by the foot

Comment

I know exactly what you mean. I've outgrown mine as well, I've been an amp distortion guy for almost 30 years but wanted to change things up and have a bit more versatility. Never needed a big pedal board until now.

Fully intend to build my own as I have in the past, and I want the right velcro carpet because I want the damn thing to last.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by JrB
                  View Post

Velcro carpet on ebay. Get it by the foot

Alright, I'll take a look. thanks.

Comment

I use this ****************. 5 feet is $9 at wal mart. Apparently it's the same kind Trent Reznor uses.

I didn't come here to save whales, I came here to get laid and make rock 'n' roll

Comment

Yeah alright there's polymat speakerbox/trunk liner carpet in a 3x4 piece for seven bucks. But it gave me an idea of where to look for it locally. Gonna check the car stereo joints.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Zappa74
                        View Post

I use this ****************. 5 feet is $9 at wal mart. Apparently it's the same kind Trent Reznor uses.

5'x2". really would rather not put 25 or so 36" strips down. (ok exaggerating, 7 would do it)

The velcro carpet on ebay is the trade show display crap I've used in the past, loops get pulled out and loose too easily.

Comment

In the past, I have use hair trimmers to trim away some of that fuzz that keeps the pedals from sticking. Clippers, then vacuum. Works pretty well. It's not the final infinite solution, but it helps.
                          Sometimes you follow your heart. Sometimes your heart cuts a fart. That's the cosmic shame.Charvel So Cals More Guitars Amp PedalsMy Band Site w/ Player

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Zappa74
                            View Post

That's the variety I use, though I picked up a 10 or 15 foot roll of it from Michael's, which is a fabric and crafts store. I think it cost me $25 or something like that.

Comment

Working...
                            X