ProCo Rat 2 not working

nickguz

• Members

So I ordered a brand new rat 2 and it came today. So I go to test it out, put a brand new battery in it and it didn't work. The light goes on and it works perfectly when bypassed, but when I switch it on it cuts the signal. If I crank the volume I can slightly hear something. And i've tried 2 batteries so i don't think its the battery. And also, I don't have the correct adapter for it so I cant try to plug it in. Any ideas?

• Members

If you've gone through all the trouble shooting and it still doesn't work, ProCo has one of the best repair policies I've ever experienced. I bought a second hand Rat years ago, and it crapped out on me. After searching locally for someone to take care of it, I got hold of ProCo, and they took care of it at no charge. This was a pedal that was at least 20 years old at that point. They sent it back, along with a T-shirt and a chocolate bar. I love ProCo., and wish they made more guitar pedals.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by T ned

View Post

If you've gone through all the trouble shooting and it still doesn't work, ProCo has one of the best repair policies I've ever experienced. I bought a second hand Rat years ago, and it crapped out on me. After searching locally for someone to take care of it, I got hold of ProCo, and they took care of it at no charge. This was a pedal that was at least 20 years old at that point. They sent it back, along with a T-shirt and a chocolate bar. I love ProCo., and wish they made more guitar pedals.

Nice! thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus

View Post

My guess is the switch is on the fritz.

But its brand new so why would that be the case? And you're probably right though since I read to try to push the switch on and off really fast. I tried that and it worked for a minute but I couldnt get it to work again by doing that.

• Members

Stupid question, but did you try a different battery? I used a brand new one on my (also brand new) rat II and it didn't work. Tried a different one and bam--sound.

Also, like others have said, ProCo has a 5-year "any excuse" repair policy. They'll fix your pedal if you light it on fire.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Dolf View Post
Stupid question, but did you try a different battery? I used a brand new one on my (also brand new) rat II and it didn't work. Tried a different one and bam--sound.

Also, like others have said, ProCo has a 5-year "any excuse" repair policy. They'll fix your pedal if you light it on fire.
Yeah ive tried a different battery and I tried plugging it in. And I'll probably wind up contacting proco but i'd rather just fix it myself if I can

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Dolf View Post

Yeah ive tried a different battery and I tried plugging it in. And I'll probably wind up contacting proco but i'd rather just fix it myself if I can

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
Have you got the cables into the right holes?
I made that mistake when I got my Sovtek Big Muff.

I was so pissed that it didn't work. Took me about 25 minutes to realize that stupid pedal had the in/out reversed. icon_lol.gif

Archived