Stayin' In This Weekend...

npfrs

• Members

Only 1 of them will end-up staying, unfortunately. I'm just lucky enough to be able to have both at the same time. The White Falcon is on loan from a friend while he has my SG/Tremolux and the CC is a loaner as well. The Falcon is set-up just how I would set it up while the CC is off the rack and could use some TLC.

I've been lusting after a certain Les Paul for a bit now, but then these two sort of popped up as possibilities and they'd go great with the Cabronita...

67bbf502c53c11e1a8761231381b4856_7.jpg

As it stands right now, the Falcon directly into a BF'd Super Reverb (white coily cable, of course) is blowing my mind. I wrote a new song in the first 20 mins of playing it.

biggrin.gif

Quote Originally Posted by npfrs

View Post

Only 1 of them will end-up staying, unfortunately. I'm just lucky enough to be able to have both at the same time. The White Falcon is on loan from a friend while he has my SG/Tremolux and the CC is a loaner as well. The Falcon is set-up just how I would set it up while the CC is off the rack and could use some TLC.

I've been lusting after a certain Les Paul for a bit now, but then these two sort of popped up as possibilities and they'd go great with the Cabronita...

67bbf502c53c11e1a8761231381b4856_7.jpg

As it stands right now, the Falcon directly into a BF'd Super Reverb (white coily cable, of course) is blowing my mind. I wrote a new song in the first 20 mins of playing it.

biggrin.gif

What a cool looking place. cool.gif Nice gear too. I can see why you'll be staying in this weekend. smile.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by six acre lake

View Post

The White Falcon is one of the best gear purchases I made in a while. Love the way it feels and sounds. I ordered a TruArc Aluminum bridge for mine a week ago to help with stability when tugging on the wire trem arm.

I wish the Country Club was set-up better; I think it could possibly give the Falcon a good run for the money!

My only reservation about the Falcon is that with a guitar that flashy come responsibility to rock out, which I do not. Still...

• Members

They're basically the same guitar aren't they?

Pretty close. Pick-ups are the same, they feel slightly different, right now they're set-up with different gauge strings. The Falcon is owned by a pro musician who takes good care of his gear and the bridge is replaced; the Country Club is off the shelf on loan from a local store and the last guy who tried it out scratched the back quite a bit and it's clear it hasn't been set-up well.

Other than that, we're talking different Bigsby, different headstock, different top woods, color, etc. The binding on the Falcon actually makes it slightly more difficult to see the fret markers, but that's minor.

Oh and that killswitch...

Archived