Your top 5 favourite fuzz pedals of all time! AKA fuzz appreciation thread

Elessar [Sly]

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i just owend a few, but playd/tasted a lot. My Favs are still the Skreddy Zero and the Red Witch Fuzz God II. Perfect for my needs and music. i really liked the Hoof by EQD. As next i want to try the Wren and Cuff tall font... i want some thing thats based on the green Russ muff again.

• Members

voodoo labs superfuzz seriously comes in at #1
blackarts toneworks pharaoh
fuzz factory
some sort of tonebender is in here. i've played a few clones and i'm really fond of the bender style fuzz.
at #5 i had a vintage fender fuzz/wah that sounded absolutely incredible through a plexi

I'm a longtime user and fan of the OLC Chunky Cheese, which is a Lovetone Big Cheese clone. Great sounds, and lots of 'em - it's very versatile.

The best Muff inspired pedal I've personally ever used is my Skreddy Pink Flesh Mk II. So creamy, so fat, and you can actually have some mids with it if you want. icon_lol.gif It's an amazing fuzz.

I really love the little Malekko Fuzz for classic Univox Super Fuzz type tones. It's one of the coolest little octave fuzzes out there.

The new Crosstown from Mojo Hand is my favorite FF variant to date. It's a hybrid, sounds great, and has some interesting features. Click the link to check out my review of it.

Finally, in Tonebenderland, I'm still incredibly infatuated with the sound of the Monsterpiece MkII, which is a Mk1.5 based pedal. I hear that it's been improved since mine was built, but it sounds so good as it is, I'm kind of afraid to send it back to have it upgraded. It's just so sweet and musical.

• Members

from what is currently on my board, its the hcfx octophant *bows*

won against big muff pi, little big muff, boyc fuzzface, byoc tonebender, ehx graphic fuzz and roland beebaa

edit: oh and i forgot my zvex fuzz factory which is also great and makes gated sounds, but is bitchy as hell with the settings, the octophant is not that crazy but much easier to use biggrin.gif

• Members

Top 5 that I own...

1. Mid-fi demo tape fuzz
2. Analogman peppermint
3. Fulltone '69
4. Monsterpiece mkII (really a 1.5)
5. Catalinbread merkin

Honorable mention to the Wattson fy-2 and EQD Dirt transmitter.

Favorite germanium fuzz would be a fuzz face/mk 1.5 tonebender
Favorite silicon fuzz would have to be something snarly like a fuzzrite or fy-2

• Members

Right now:

1. SUF Classic '72 Triangle Muff
2. SUF Civil War Muff
3. Make Sounds Loudly - Cornish P2 Clone
4. Wren & CUff - Caprid
5. Wren & Cuff - Your Face Germanium

That was tough. I left out a lot of stuff I really like frown.gif Fuzzhugger Algal Bloom, SSBS TAFM, EQD Hoof, Fuzzhugger Ab-synth, Skreddy Cog Dis, Wren&Cuff Tri Pi, SUF Classic '73 Ram's Head,

Archived