NPD! Musket content

Felix959

• Members

Wasn't really looking for a fuzz, but you guys have talked it up and talked it up and when I saw one on the 'list for $80, I couldn't resist.

The bad part is, I have no 9 volts or daisy chains at the apartment. I've gotta wait until tomorrow night to plug it in and start futzing around with ALL THOSE KNOBS.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by t-rey

View Post

That's a really nice deal. And I'm with Pewt on this one - I wouldn't know what to do with a low gain muff. I've pretty much just dimed the gain on every one I've had though...

try out a lunar module dlx bro. it does some great light OD stuff

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by macadood

View Post

holy good price! thumb.gif

here's mine, its a red rifles version that was sent in to BE to be updated to V2 specs. its a lovely versatile fuzz, i just wish it could do low gain in any regard

FZQmi.png

I have one of the same run. Bad ass pedal. I emailed Kyle about getting mine modded to V2 specs but I never heard back.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by iamthearm

View Post

80 is a steal but i never totally jived with the sound i got out of a musket. i'm sure it's an amp by amp basis but i thought the mids were either too scooped or too honky. never that nice beefy beef queef low mid meat sandwich that i'm fond of.

its got a mids control!

• Members

I have one of the same run. Bad ass pedal. I emailed Kyle about getting mine modded to V2 specs but I never heard back.

nice, i think the red one looks 100x better :love: i dont think the v2 was THAT big of a change, probably not worth the amount of money to ship it to them and have it modded :idk:

• Members

Always wanted to try one out. I'm confused now though...

Isn't it supposed to be the end all be all Big Muff? I don't trust fuzz pedals with a ton of controls, in my experience there's still just a handful of settings I like, and the knobs just get in my way finding em:idk:

I'm done buying pedlols for a while, but I'm still curious if it'd make sense to maybe someday trade my swollen pickle for a musket...

So what does the musket do best? Distorion-y big muff tones? Any good for boomy sovtek muff sounds? Maybe even any ic muff tones somewhere in there?

Srry for the hijack btw. Cheers.

• Members

Always wanted to try one out. I'm confused now though...

Isn't it supposed to be the end all be all Big Muff? I don't trust fuzz pedals with a ton of controls, in my experience there's still just a handful of settings I like, and the knobs just get in my way finding em:idk:

I'm done buying pedlols for a while, but I'm still curious if it'd make sense to maybe someday trade my swollen pickle for a musket...

So what does the musket do best? Distorion-y big muff tones? Any good for boomy sovtek muff sounds? Maybe even any ic muff tones somewhere in there?

Srry for the hijack btw. Cheers.

It is basically a Sovtek Muff & LPB-1 combined in a single pedal with much better tone shaping controls. It can do spot on Sovtek Muff tones without any trouble but it also does much more. I'm not a fan of completly undefined fuzz tone that causes you to dissapear in the mix when you step on the pedal so I tend to stack them with a compressor, clean boost or even an OD. That being the case the Musket really appealed to me. What I found once I got it is stacking is even cooler with this one. The controls on the pedal really let you dial in the tone you are after from smooth & liquidy to razor sharp to hybrid fuzstortion tones. If you roll back the "PRE" & "FOCUS" controls you get the Russian muff sound only with a better tone control as well as a mid control. I combined it with a BD2 in my earlier clip to really accentuate the hybrid stacked tone. Here it is again with just an EQ pedal after it into a little Silvertone. it's still not a clip of the pedal doing it's traditional fuzz thing but it better represent's the pedal's hybrid tone all on it's own.

MfClLZp3stk

Archived