Harmony Central Forums
No announcement yet.

I wanted to learn more about 'doom' music...

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice to see some love for Yawning Man.
      A keystone of the scene.
      Donate musical instruments to inner-city kids.

Listen to Pallbearer.

Have done. Did like. Will seek more.
        Good deals list

The only doom you'll ever need

Good deals list

Eagle Twin is a fantastic Doom band. If you also want classic doom, Electric wizard is the way to go.

these are exactly the bands I think of when someone says doom
            but I wouldn't disagree if someone wanted to call Sunn O))) doom as well.
            Near Grey

Yawning man is definitely cool. I would love to see them live. I don't know about all these genre labels but they sound like good old instrumental rock with an experimental side.

Welp, I really think that band Sunn o))) in the first post was really bad. I like noise stuff too. Oh, well. Seems like a really silly act they put on as well, like Spinal Tap. Or maybe its like a musical Jeff Koons... who knows... but I thought it was so bad I felt compelled to type out some sort of message...
                Originally Posted by Naterel "All bands suck period"

Sunn O))) was really pwoerufl to me when i was first getting into conscious altering substances. very cool for that but quite boring to me when im sober.

i'd love to play sunn amps and EGC guitars tho for a living. seems like the easiest performance ever.

Just reading a news article on them

Do these guys ever play shows in the UK? They look/sound crazy, I feel I need to see them play

They toured the UK (well, played three dates) in June and employed a quadraphonic surround-sound system. .It was pretty cool, although I find the outfits and 'creepy' vocals a bit silly.

Cant believe the almighty SLEEP havent been mentioned

If you want doom, listen to omega massif.

or sleep.

Guitars:Peavey hp exp, Squier 51 (gfs liverpool in bridge Brass bottom in neck), Squier jazzmaster
                        Amps: Traynor yba-1 modded for KT88, silverface fender bandmaster reverb, Silvertone 1474, 2x12 (WGS g12c), 2x12 (WGS vet30/reaper hp)
                        Pedals:Eb volume/pan-->tu2-->skreddy screwdriver-->timmy-->Fuzzfactory/sho-->hm fuzz v3--> dd20--> moog phaser-->cathedral-->rc20xl

What I've learned is that there is no genre. Its more a mindset. Big amps, FUZZ,No pussy drummers allowed. THE RIFF RULES ALL. I like to think of it as if the 80's, 90's, 2000's never happened. Bands that pick up where sabbath, blue cheer, deep purple etc. left off. No rules METAL

I dig these guys.

and this

http://soundcloud.com/infinite_fluxNew crappy band, Infinite Flux

The best EWiz album in my opinion. Light up a doob or two and by the end of the album your mind will have fallen out.
                              DCC Engineering. Custom Cabs and Effects.

Originally Posted by -Assy-

Okay I summed up this entire thread in three posts. Let's go home and beat our children.

I think of doom as a lot more metal/heavier than stoner rock like Kyuss or Sleep (who sound very Sabbathy).
                                my band Bloody Mammals on facebook and bandcamp