Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wanted to learn more about 'doom' music...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slayer
    O)))

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Poltergeist
      View Post

that would be stoner / desert rock variant.

try listening to the following:

Red Fang

Bardo Pond's earlier albums ("Bufo Alvarius, Amen" to "Amanita")

Yawning Man

Fatso Jackson

Clutch

Dead Meadow

Nebula

Unida

Kyuss

i also recommend you checking out a documentary called "Such Hawks Such Hounds" before you venture that much further, that would be a great place to start. it's streaming on Youtube, the full thing, i recommend it to you and to anyone.

i only know of clutch, red fang, kyuss, and dead meadow - i was under the impression they were stoner music.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

i didn't claim they were of any genre, i just thought that those were bands you might dig, from what you said.
        "15 layers of oscillating delays and samples of hedgehogs having sex. There's your chorus." - hwaorang

"play in church.. Jesus will provide reverb" - wiklund87

"Flaming Korg solos don't grow on trees." - big69

Comment

...this is getting me excited for the Sunn O))) show in a few weeks...

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Naterel
            View Post

Slayer

Slayer should redo South of Heaven but slower and with BMPs
            Good Deals with: Snail_killer, myTakamine, C Fuzz, johnrambo, AnderMocs (x2), finboy, conky, themeanreds, masterwuhan, smrz, brandnewzo, Jisatsu, RoboPimp, itkindaworks, CrowShack, Coach, Leaves, Yarbicus, Raintes, jcm800stratman, -MBro-, smalltownsongs, TravvyBear, young_grandma, d_dave_c, homestar_kevin, cryptosonic, RockDaJoJo, Lonely Tourist, jhamnett, H.P. Lovecraft, killthehippies45, bikescene, delayed delay, christianatlBad Deals: Hello Music & Cascade Microphones

Comment

Eagle Twin is a fantastic Doom band. If you also want classic doom, Electric wizard is the way to go.
              ain't got a sig no more

Comment

I would personally argue that it
                Originally Posted by telephant

Tone is really half the argument. We both know ultimately it means nothing. Write a song. Write. A ****************ing. Song.

UK based band;
                http://www.captainhorizon.co.uk

Comment

I asked about doom recently but was only told how awesome the doom thread is. I'm still not clicking on that thing.

Love,Dustinhttp://peendubya.freeforums.org

Comment

cue 4000 example videos/different opinions of what constitutes 'doom'.

all of them ****************ty
                    I didn't come here to save whales, I came here to get laid and make rock 'n' roll

Comment

Oh snap
                      O)))

Comment

I have learned from this thread that I like a band called Yawning Man.

This sig space for rent

Good deals with: big Idiot, crowquill, DylanWilde, twanguero, big_cat, starmansam, christianatl, nd1377, gigant0r, cmog, SweetOblivion, GAS_KING, aussy, BHz_econo, light_years, WeStartToDrift, TheQuietWilds, seblo_15, loosegroove

Comment

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090208131258AAHTfFx

unless you're talking to a through and through doom/stoner metal head then, yahoo answers can help enlighten you.

Comment

The only doom you'll ever need

Comment

This is about as heavy as it gets with actual drums and cohesive songs (something Sunn tends to avoid imo)

Originally Posted by Tom Fucherheigen

He is an adult now, but he is a child in the trousers.

Originally Posted by clay sails

This is essentially the same as married life, except that when you get married you share space with someone who washes your cum socks.

Comment

BORIS

they are loud, they are awesome. but depending on the track/album, you'll get doom, sludge, stoner, shoegaze and other subgenres.

Plus like thirteen million for Boris. Love them to death. Bit of a grab bag of various styles of noisy/heavy music but a lot of it is on the doom-y side of things.
                                http://spaceexpert.bandcamp.com
                                http://rainandfarewell.bandcamp.com

Comment

• Working...
                                  X