X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus
    View Post

Whenever I hear Mono Beatles recordings it makes me angry that they made them stereo at some point and thought it was better.

i picked up a mono (american version) rubber soul recently. rubber soul (british version in stereo) was always at the bottom of the list of enjoyable beatle albums for me. it has been an eye/ear opener listening to it in mono and also the selection/limited songs on the american version is superior to the british release. (yes, i understand the beatles were upset about it and thusly made the butcher cover to make a statement)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by 9520575
      View Post

I was obsessed with the song help for a period of time. Um

I'm better now, I enjoy it like a normal person now.

John thought that Help was one of the best Beatles songs.
      “One who loves & understands nature will never be alone & will never be afraid.”
      -Rachel Carson-

Comment

Yes, sometimes 60's records sound better in the original mono mix. And some of the stereo remastering thru the years have been disastrous.

In the 80's when I was building up a Beatles vinyl collection I inadvertently bought some old mono copies -now I'm happy about it.

Pink Floyd's 'Pipers' in mono is an ear orgy.

St Peppers definitely sounds different in mono. Dig the hand flanging on Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. 4:47

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oULZNUbuTMs

Comment

Soooo good.

I have the mono box set on my computer. Best way to listen!

I've just seen a face is a great driving song with the windows rolled down.
          http://rosecassidy.bandcamp.com

Comment

good call phil. listening while at work now
            YᵒᵘOᶰˡʸLᶤᵛᵉ OᶰᶜᵉRobopimp wrote:Chat crüe is srs crüeFor Sale: Ibanez DML-10, Boss TW-1, Boss FZ-2/3Good deals with: Duderanimous, Overwhelmed987, Jules-RM, DoubleBarrel, HotRats, Fusion1, IRG, barney steele, Aaron SS, Urinate Forever, Raintes, crowquill, Blakemore Effects, Aimmar Cair, lefort_1, killthelights, 9720575 (CHUCK!)

Comment

My favorite Beatles maybe.

Comment

The alternative possibility for the reference is to Ryde, on the Isle of Wight. John and Paul once took a trip up there, hitchhiking part way, to see Paul's cousin, who owned a pub in Ryde.

The land of Melx, who just had a birthday BTW

Comment

great album, but george's contributions weaken it.
                  good deals with: outxthexeyes, steve_man, Cake Bakist, loomer415, Faldoe, Tupelo Son, Zemmy, duderanimous, orangesix, rhcp311, ispunk, theguitarist182, jorhay1, LSDis4me, MattTele, Raintes, hclapp219

Originally Posted by Naterel

I dunno, my glasses were dirty from slider grease thats why my vision was blurry.

pretty wife
                  soundcloud
                  facebook

Comment

great album, but george's contributions weaken it.

Seriously? I love "I Need You", one of my favorite Harrison ditties

Comment

It's nice to see some Help! love. It's always been one of my favorite Beatles records. I like both the US and UK versions, but I grew up on the US version so I'm used to those cool instrumentals that were on there. It was an original copy my Dad had so I don't know if that was mono or stereo.

I listened to Sgt. Peppers in mono and though it was amazing. It really freshened that one up for me because I think that is one where the stereo version has that ****************ed up panning going on. I always hated that ****************.
                      Originally Posted by guy in my avatar

If I were going to start drilling these days, I'm going to use the same resume Skeel jazz or precision bass, one for competition 800RB and Peavy 410 TVX cabinet.

Comment

Working...
                      X