Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got to jam with a memphis legend tonight

if you're not familiar with herman green and the green machine, he has one hell of a history. i got pinged to sit in with a blues band tonight and ended up playing with a guy i grew up hearing stories about. say what you will but i'm beaming. i pretty much played some blues standards and a couple of old R&B songs but it was just a pleasure to share the stage with an 82 year old legend who played with coltrane, miles davis and just to many people to name. dude was the smoothest 82 year old i've ever met.

feel free to bring on the hate, but this was just such a positive experience for me i just don't give a ****************...

the band he was playing with was pretty awesome. Low Society. Their guitarist is one of the best pure delta style slide players i've ever heard. dude had some incredible boutique gear that i'm too drunk to recollect but i'm sure TGP would have jizzed all over his rig.

here's some footage of herman and low society.

Dead Soldiers

Dude, how cool for you! Don't worry about the haters. You had a good time, playing music with someone good who you respect. It doesn't get any better than that!

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Nothing to hate on, that's really ****************ing cool news. I'd love to sit in on sessions like that.

Congrats!
      Smooth deals with: duncan, the_bleeding, MrSandMan, 6StrngStrangler, mmmmmchina, gproud, Onehourlater, driverhasabomb, bluehuricane, melx, TheErosion, gschmittling, BrianPhase90, roaring20's, ibentmywookieFender Custom Shop '52 TelecasterGibson 2013 SG StandardFender Deville III 4x10Oh Henry! chocolate barsPedals n' stuffhttp://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com

Comment

that's him with the sax... **************** me i can't sleep.

Dead Soldiers

Comment

Cool. Now you can die happy.
          WARNING: TC Electronics Pedals Are NOT REPAIRABLE. Instead of fixing my switch they wanted to charge me $72 plus shipping on a $99 pedal to replace all electronics, when only the switch was defective. This is their blanket repair policy on ALL repairs. They have no replacement switches. The switch is on the board so substituting a different switch can't work. Do not buy pedals from companies that cannot repair their own switches.

Comment

WOW, that is pretty amazing that he is still out playing at 82! i hope i'm like that. cool story man
            Post Modern Southern Sonic Prepared Concrete Annihilation.

Comment

nice!
              Originally Posted by Inspector 71

I'm only framus in my own mine.

Originally Posted by riff ie

black hole complementarity, or, you won't feel a thing
              likewise...

Originally Posted by christianatl

I plan on riding my ****************sled through the ******************** apocalypse.

Comment

Excellent!
                ... puppets jerking on their strings ...

Comment

That's ****************ing cool!

Comment

Way to go arm, that's awesome!
                    www.myspace.com/stillillsd
                    www.myspace.com/noisegateband

Originally Posted by Naterel

Itchyfingers gets my vote, his pedals scream class

Originally Posted by bird turbo

I have a kid like that in the band I play in at my church. I just wanna kick in his little face.

Originally Posted by Poltergeist

it sounds like a pitbull is eating the Universe.

Comment

Please everyone stop hating!!!

Anyhow, congrats!

youtube
                      soundclick

Deals: Tron Murphy, hangwire, renula, AimmarCair, Urinate Forever, ck3

Comment

thanks everyone for the positive responses! hopefully i'll get to do it again.

Please everyone stop hating!!!

Anyhow, congrats!

blues hate runs deep in these parts and you know it.
                        Dead Soldiers

Comment

That's a great story. Funny thing is to play the blues it takes so much feel and connection to the music and live a connection to the audience. It's from the heart and many who have never felt just don't know!
                          Bob RIP 2005

Tommy RIP 2006

-----------------------
                          FOR SALE:

New in box AD-9 first $100 takes her home. Will trade for Golden Cello

Gonkalator 137.26

Modified Chandler Stereo Digital Echo (hate to sell this!) -----> $400.00

Comment

Preach it Mitch!

Comment

nice!
                              "

"
                              changes come w/ the whether...

Comment

Working...
                              X