X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m5 LED screen only showing black

Not sure what's going on here. Tried plugging it in and out again a couple of times but it's pretty distressing. Hitting the on/off button doesn't do anything. Haven't tried to patch sound through it yet. Any ideas?

Once you go black you never go back.
    Test Tech Wattson Classic ElectronicsEL KABONG wrote: I turned down $25 grand cash for gay sex.

Comment

Somehow you have triggered the self-destruct sequence. 'Bye.

Comment

any ideas? yeah DONT BUY LINE 6 GARBAGE, LIKE IVE BEEN SAYING FOR TEN YEARS NOW! WTF? MORANS?

Comment

My M5 would **************** up like this all the time, it would randomly lock up on a blank screen when you power it and then randomly fix itself later

There's some kind of secret button combo to get into the factory settings screen, maybe there's something you can do there.
          Originally Posted by RoboPimp

doesn't everyone have a psychedelic dungeon?

Cool people : Tengo, jah_vengeance, Supernova9, scott_tele, 21rush12, HeartfeltDawn, Kaz2550, Kayzer, daysofspeed, kpd78, RoboPimp, jrkirkish, WAWBanks, PerFusionist, Pointer, wiklund87, tubezipper, Foamoi_refreshe, melx, JRBain, arcaneaether, Barnaby, Hardly, strtdv, sh333, RadioSilence, deftoneboy, Poltergeist, Snufkino, Mogwai, Soapbars, fuzzface71, JDE and loads more...

Comment

But the real question is phone how do you feel about my post in the bread echorec thread?
            Test Tech Wattson Classic ElectronicsEL KABONG wrote: I turned down $25 grand cash for gay sex.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by woolyh
              View Post

My M5 would **************** up like this all the time, it would randomly lock up on a blank screen when you power it and then randomly fix itself later

There's some kind of secret button combo to get into the factory settings screen, maybe there's something you can do there.

Here's the factory reset sequence, copied from a post by one of the L6 reps over on their site.

Press and hold the TAP button and tap the Model Select knob to enter the setup menu. Tap the model select knob until you see the MIDI, Tempo and Gate functions. Turn the model select knob until the corresponding display shows RST FACT. Hold the On/Off switch and tap the model select knob twice to reset the M5.

I don't know how you would manage to do that with a dead / dark / blank display though.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Give it a bow tie and a fine touring sportster and watch it crash into a tree almost instantly.

(ps. M9 over M5 aaaaaalways)
                Smooth deals with: duncan, the_bleeding, MrSandMan, 6StrngStrangler, mmmmmchina, gproud, Onehourlater, driverhasabomb, bluehuricane, melx, TheErosion, gschmittling, BrianPhase90, roaring20's, ibentmywookieFender Custom Shop '52 TelecasterGibson 2013 SG StandardFender Deville III 4x10Oh Henry! chocolate barsPedals n' stuffhttp://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com

Comment

It's 4 more.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

sounds bad! maybe some bad soldering or burnt parts... if a displays dont turns on? its the sometimes a defect in the power supply unit... i am not a M5 user... so how do you power it up?
                    Good Deals with: CM1000, Hides-His-Eyes, HeartfeltDawn, Kayzer, kpd78, Neoflox, Sikor, SilenceSketches, Snufkino a. WAWBanks... !!"Sometimes you've got to stand out to fit in."

Comment

Black means all the pixels are engaged, no power issue. I know there's a way to set the contrast and if you crank that setting the screen turns black. Doing the factory reset is your best bet at this point.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Phil O'Keefe
                        View Post

I don't know how you would manage to do that with a dead / dark / blank display though.

With mine the screen started working again once I got into the menu.

If this is the same problem I had then it's some kind of bug that stops the M5 booting the firmware on start up, I think I fixed it by using the midi update to replace the existing firmware. It didn't really fix it though because it went blank again a month later

Also I have to say Line 6's customer support in the UK was useless
                        Originally Posted by RoboPimp

doesn't everyone have a psychedelic dungeon?

Cool people : Tengo, jah_vengeance, Supernova9, scott_tele, 21rush12, HeartfeltDawn, Kaz2550, Kayzer, daysofspeed, kpd78, RoboPimp, jrkirkish, WAWBanks, PerFusionist, Pointer, wiklund87, tubezipper, Foamoi_refreshe, melx, JRBain, arcaneaether, Barnaby, Hardly, strtdv, sh333, RadioSilence, deftoneboy, Poltergeist, Snufkino, Mogwai, Soapbars, fuzzface71, JDE and loads more...

Comment

Line6'd
                          Originally Posted by Inspector 71

I'm only framus in my own mine.

Originally Posted by riff ie

black hole complementarity, or, you won't feel a thing
                          likewise...

Originally Posted by christianatl

I plan on riding my ****************sled through the ******************** apocalypse.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by pbone
                            View Post

Not sure what's going on here. Tried plugging it in and out again a couple of times but it's pretty distressing. Hitting the on/off button doesn't do anything. Haven't tried to patch sound through it yet. Any ideas?

Excellent deals done: cmloeffler - GDan - mr benn - kpd78 - ArrMatey - Melx - Daryl Chaney - rememberduane - Barnaby, Hardly - Kid_A - plecoman - mattybigfro - Loobs - Hanglow - Free The Guilty - gjhardwick - Tengo - hangwire - Ancient Mariner - Headlow - ZoomRMC - uncle psychosis - daysofspeed - chisa - JBJ - Mozart82 - Rogsrevenge - theboywho - SG1 - Cirrus - Kayzer - Teahead - AF-100 - stella_blues - woolyh -

Comment

My first thought was that you somehow turned the contrast all the way up. Not hard to fix I wouldn't think...
                              I play amplified/electric bassoon. Everything you see me post about remember I'm not using my gear with guitar pretty much ever.

Comment

Working...
                              X