OT: e-cigarettes

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by BHz_econo
    View Post

I do too since i was around 4 heavy smokers growing up. I rmemeber it looking like a pool hall in the house. I try to get a chest X-ray often.

My mom smoked for aroun 35 years though.

It runs in the men in my family on my mom's side. Smokers and nonsmokers alike.
    My band: http://facebook.com/indiandoom

Originally Posted by christianatl

It's new butt **************** day.

Happy?

Originally Posted by misterstomach

i don't know if i'd want to go on tour if i wasn't going to do anything i could get arrested for.

Originally Posted by .homewrecker.

If there is only a few dB diference between 30 and 100 watts then it works both ways, why are you getting on my **************** for using a 100 watt amp when a 30 watt amp is practically just as loud just has less balls?

Comment

^ I've been the oldest male in my family for a few years now. I am 36, and I ****************ing hate cancer.

Stay healthy, bros.
      www.myspace.com/stillillsd
      www.myspace.com/noisegateband

Originally Posted by Naterel

Itchyfingers gets my vote, his pedals scream class

Originally Posted by bird turbo

I have a kid like that in the band I play in at my church. I just wanna kick in his little face.

Originally Posted by Poltergeist

it sounds like a pitbull is eating the Universe.

Comment

I just smoked a lot of weed
        dharmaforone.bandcamp.comListen to my music and such.Strat - Jazzmaster - Bunch of fuzz and delay pedals - map.

Comment

Cold turkey really is the way to go. I tried with the gum once, which only increased my dependance on nicotine. So I kept smoking for a bit, then just quit. Got down to 2-3 a day, then only smoked when I was drinking for a bit, then just stopped doing that (the indoor smoking ban in NC really helped out with that).
          Originally Posted by DunwichAmps

meh. more fuzz and dist

Comment

Try the patch. I did and it worked. Going on 10 years without a smoke.
            Originally Posted by mdrake34

I still don't know what the **************** a haunting mids is, but what I do know is that I have never seen such an assortment of sandy, stinky, sopping wet vaginas e-assembled in one place in my life. It's like 300 The Decision-era Lebron's fighting over fuzz pedals.

Comment

Weed is often a gateway drug OUT of harder addictions.

Some additional strategies for successfully quitting smoking include giving yourself rewards, both short term (perhaps daily or weekly) and longer term (a month, 6 months). Utilize your desire for particular things, such as gear, and use it as an incentive that you won't buy a particular thing until X number of days passes.

Slips and relapses are often tied to negative emotions, so have a plan to more effectively deal with these situations.

For some people, cold turkey works, for others, warm turkey (a step down approach).
              This sig space for rent

Good deals with: big Idiot, crowquill, DylanWilde, twanguero, big_cat, starmansam, christianatl, nd1377, gigant0r, cmog, SweetOblivion, GAS_KING, aussy, BHz_econo, light_years, WeStartToDrift, TheQuietWilds, seblo_15, loosegroove

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varenicline
                good deals with: outxthexeyes, steve_man, Cake Bakist, loomer415, Faldoe, Tupelo Son, Zemmy, duderanimous, orangesix, rhcp311, ispunk, theguitarist182, jorhay1, LSDis4me, MattTele, Raintes, hclapp219

Originally Posted by Naterel

I dunno, my glasses were dirty from slider grease thats why my vision was blurry.

pretty wife
                soundcloud
                facebook

Comment

just quit cold turkey. Best way, that's how i did it.

Comment

i smoked for 3 years and quit cold turkey, going on... 15 weeks i think tomorrow

just don't smoke
                    GEAR:
                    Gibson Flying V
                    American Telecaster
                    Line 6 M13
                    Speedster Class A "40"

Originally Posted by B.Renegades

I suppose a 1 channel amp would be good if you listened to only one kind of music.

very happy with: letsgocoyote, www (x2), tomvandeven, cleverbastid, jhamnett, funbnme, gschmittling, viper jazz

Comment

All the E-cig smokers I know love 'em because now they can smoke indoors and all the time around everybody and get away with it.
                      Founding father of the Fulldrive IIth Fairies

Comment

SafeCig worked for me, keeps me off the real ones, except if I run out. That's the downside, you're still strung out. I made myself a deal that once I drop the weight I put on the last time I went cold turkey, I'll quit again. What I did was, I quit for 2 years, gained weight, then ****************ed up and started smoking again. I ain't putting more weight on. I've lost 15lb, 10 more to go and I'll grit my teeth and do it. Meanwhile I suck on the nicotine dick.
                        AnalogMan Sundial Sunface White Dot NKT-275 - $350
                        Pefftronics Super Rand-o-Matic - $350
                        LS Effects Brown Note - $150

Comment

just go cold turkey chomp. easiest/best way imo.
                          YᵒᵘOᶰˡʸLᶤᵛᵉ OᶰᶜᵉRobopimp wrote:Chat crüe is srs crüeFor Sale: Ibanez DML-10, Boss TW-1, Boss FZ-2/3Good deals with: Duderanimous, Overwhelmed987, Jules-RM, DoubleBarrel, HotRats, Fusion1, IRG, barney steele, Aaron SS, Urinate Forever, Raintes, crowquill, Blakemore Effects, Aimmar Cair, lefort_1, killthelights, 9720575 (CHUCK!)

Comment

I haven't smoked a single cigarette since august. When your done your done.it feels good

People I know with the e thing still smoke, real cigs mixed with that thing.

August man, can't believe I did it...you can do it...

Cold turkey....oh and coffee to, because it was to much of a trigger
                            Originally Posted by Naterel "All bands suck period"

Comment

I quit that more or less, when I'm stoned is the only time I ever get a slight craving to have a cigarette.
                              Originally Posted by Naterel "All bands suck period"

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varenicline

That's what I used, and I'll be cigarette free for three years this March. However, I can NOT recommend Chantix. I had massive roller coaster emotional swings while taking it, and after stopping. It did definitely decrease my desire for cigarettes though, and made it much easier to quit - it's just that the side effects are horrendous.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Working...
                                X