I need a delay with tap tempo

BHz_econo

• Members

OK so the Supa Puss is out. I love the sound and the repeats but it oscillates too quickly to be of any use to me.

Give me specific suggestions! Don't let this be a name your favorite delay thread.

I LOVE my Skrecho, if it had tap I honestly wouldn't need another delay. And yes I have to have tap and no it's not because i don't know how to use delay, it's because we flow from one song to the next with different tempos set by a click so it has to be exact.

1. Has to have tap.
2. Has to be a tape sounding delay.
3. Has to have modulation.

Currently I'm looking at a DD-7 or DMB.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by BHz_econo

View Post

OK so the Supa Puss is out. I love the sound and the repeats but it oscillates too quickly to be of any use to me.

Give me specific suggestions! Don't let this be a name your favorite delay thread.

I LOVE my Skrecho, if it had tap I honestly wouldn't need another delay. And yes I have to have tap and no it's not because i don't know how to use delay, it's because we flow from one song to the next with different tempos set by a click so it has to be exact.

1. Has to have tap.

2. Has to be a tape sounding delay.

3. Has to have modulation.

Currently I'm looking at a DD-7 or DMB.

if it's set by a click, can't you MIDI the click time somehow?

• Members

I like the DD-7 better than the DMB to be honest. The SP won't oscillate too badly at all if you keep the gain down. Or turn the gain up, but the feedback down, sort of the two go together. The Tech21 DLA w/tap is nice. The added modulation can give you some good tape like sounds. I like the TCE Repeater a lot. The modulation on it is much better than the Nova too. Tape setting, dial in some vibrato, with the tone control rolled back a bit, very nice.

• Members

Yeah i can turn the gain down, adjust the tone, etc but then the sound of the repeats are not as nice. I honestly think the Supa Puss could be good but i think it was rushed out too soon. Most of the knobs can only be use before noon, otherwise you start oscillating or encounter volume drop issues.

Headrush is definitely a contender. I also liked the sounds of the Quantum Leap.

Oh and let's pretend my budget is wide open.

Archived