Timeline or Big Box DMM & Headrush 2

rtparrott

• Members

Pretty simple. What would be your preference? Assuming I could get either for roughly the same amount of cash.

Obviously the feature set of the timeline would be light years ahead of the combination, but I think the other two would probably be as much as i'd need. As interesting and extensive as the Timeline demos are, it might be overkill for me.

Whats the deal with the Midi on the Timeline. Could it have create any cool options or interactions with an M5?

Is the looper on the timeline particularly good. I love the E1 looper, which is why im thinking about the upgrade.

Finally i'm thinking the two together will hold their value longer than a Timeline, unless an E3 comes out anytime soon. In which case I could try and pick up a Timeline later on if the combo doesnt take. Or am I wrong about that too.

Thanks.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by 9520575 View Post
I feel like, you know what you want.
Maybe, but I'm genuinely interested to see what other people might go for.

Quote Originally Posted by 9520575 View Post
Personally, I like reverse delay.
Me too, I'll still have my SMMH for getting some more out of hand stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by LSDis4me View Post
Digitech Timebender. On sale at Zzounds for $150.. Buy it now, don't delay! hahahahahahaha
http://www.zzounds.com/item--DGTTIMEBENDER
rimshot.gif Thanks LSD. I was looking at these from the thread the other week and they definitely seem pretty interesting. But I couldn't see that being as long a term delay solution as I'm planning here.

• Members

Hmmm i've had the smmwh and a timeline.
Reverse on the timeline is better (IMHO). Reverse was my favorite mode. Plus you have the fx loop in the timeline.

If money is no object and I can get a midi controller (like the dmc) for the timeline to use the looper. I'd go timeline

If I'm not buying the timeline's extra controller for the looper, I'd go the smmwh.

Edit: i mean the controller so I could access reverse play back and 1/2 speed on the timeline.
The looper on the timeline isn't anything to write home about.

How about a deluxe pitch pirate and a stereo jamman.

Archived