Are we going to see any more innovation in the effects world?

gambit

• Members

or are we done?

digital modelling will no doubt improve, cloning and build-your-own kits have made effects accessible to all (pretty much). we've had miniaturisation over the last decade (?)..

so what else is left for us as consumers? and for the pedal makers to do?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Phil O'Keefe

View Post

I'll definitely be at NAMM. I think I'm staying at the Marriott this year. I'm there for the entire duration, from Wednesday through Sunday.

Ugh... Anaheim during NAMM. smile.gif Stef and I are heading down. We probably wont be in Anaheim much at all, maybe Saturday. We are gonna just meet with friends down there, you included, but if you're working we're waiting until after the show. smile.gif

• Members

It's very possible innovations happen often but no one sees it. If the creator isn't a major company, or doesn't make boxes with the right pretty paint job or say the right things including comparisons to popular classic effects, most people don't notice. It's just like music, really.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by spentron

View Post

It's very possible innovations happen often but no one sees it. If the creator isn't a major company, or doesn't make boxes with the right pretty paint job or say the right things including comparisons to popular classic effects, most people don't notice.

damn feels like i got run-over by public opinion and the past, then thewn under the bus...

Archived