Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we going to see any more innovation in the effects world?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by woolyh
    View Post

I'm still waiting for someone to make iphones into guitar pickups.

It'll happen, you'll see

fkin lol
    YᵒᵘOᶰˡʸLᶤᵛᵉ OᶰᶜᵉRobopimp wrote:Chat crüe is srs crüeFor Sale: Ibanez DML-10, Boss TW-1, Boss FZ-2/3Good deals with: Duderanimous, Overwhelmed987, Jules-RM, DoubleBarrel, HotRats, Fusion1, IRG, barney steele, Aaron SS, Urinate Forever, Raintes, crowquill, Blakemore Effects, Aimmar Cair, lefort_1, killthelights, 9720575 (CHUCK!)

Comment

youtube
      soundclick

Deals: Tron Murphy, hangwire, renula, AimmarCair, Urinate Forever, ck3

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by eti
        View Post

Superego wasn't enough? There's going to be small innovations forever. They just won't seem big unless you hide under a rock for a few years then come out and see what's up.

haw, i can resemble this...
        changes come w/ the whether...

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by boytbpc
          View Post

"I want more innovation in guitar effects!" Uses a 40 year old amp, a 60 year old guitar, a fuzz circuit designed in the 60s and a delay designed in the 70s.

This.

Comment

I'm eagerly anticipating the innovation of a pedal that makes an electric guitar sound just like an acoustic guitar, not like an electric guitar trying to sound like an acoustic guitar.
            This sig space for rent

Good deals with: big Idiot, crowquill, DylanWilde, twanguero, big_cat, starmansam, christianatl, nd1377, gigant0r, cmog, SweetOblivion, GAS_KING, aussy, BHz_econo, light_years, WeStartToDrift, TheQuietWilds, seblo_15, loosegroove

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by woolyh
              View Post

I'm still waiting for someone to make iphones into guitar pickups.

It'll happen, you'll see

haha
              Decolonize

Comment

Not quite an effect, but certainly innovative

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYUfaLMRZIk

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Phil O'Keefe
                  View Post

Yes, we'll see more. What, when... I dunno... but I'm absolutely certain that innovation isn't dead yet.

HD M-9 or similar or I'm taking up piccolo.
                  "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues" - Elizabeth Taylor

Originally Posted by Shane Marley

Yeah, I guess I hate women...

Originally Posted by thefyn

I SO STUPID!

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by One Man Banned
                    View Post

HD M-9 or similar or I'm taking up piccolo.

That would be a waste of a fine guitarist.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

When we all reach this level, then we can worry about being more innovative. Many nights Lenny would practice all night to learn something new and different that no one else had ever done before. What he learned in his short life would likely take me 200 years or more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLD-BVVYDV4
                      Foul language is the sign of a weak mind trying to express itself forcibly. * Thankfully, my computer program masks all the foul language and changes it to @&%)7#

Comment

When we all reach this level, then we can worry about being more innovative. Many nights Lenny would practice all night to learn something new and different that no one else had ever done before. What he learned in his short life would likely take me 200 years or more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLD-BVVYDV4
                        Foul language is the sign of a weak mind trying to express itself forcibly. * Thankfully, my computer program masks all the foul language and changes it to @&%)7#

Comment

I think there will be a rise in DIY & boutique pedal makers who offshore to china. Good pedals, for good money. At least we can hope theres an upside to this damn ****************ed up economy we have now.
                          graphic & web designer / musician / geek ::

design: www.edroper.com
                          music: http://facebook.com/pointatob

Originally Posted by warplanegrey

i don't actually know how to play guitar. i play amp.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Gnarly
                            View Post

Not quite an effect, but certainly innovative

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYUfaLMRZIk

It turns your guitar into a glass harmonica or an organ? sweet
                            http://www.guitarampboard.com/index.php

Comment

I think there is plenty room for innovation. We just got something like the mobius finally coming out but it can only do one effect at a time. Some time in the future one will be able to more and eventually you will be able to digitally route the signal chain. I think there is plenty of room for combo pedals. It would be nice to have modulated delays where you have more control over the modulation or even the choice of having phaser, flange, vibrato or trem to the mix. Someone also could come out with something like a more flexible space station. I also think with technology large piece of gear can become much smaller. I mean the echorec and space echo now come in pedal form and retain a large portion of their original tone. There still arent many glitch type pedals, multi oscillators or filter pedals outside the realm of envolope and wahs.

also more pedals with loops
                              http://www.guitarampboard.com/index.php

Comment

I want decent wireless technology to be cheap as **************** and innovations in fx controllers like the hot hand and such.
                                http://soundcloud.com/hugespiders

Comment

Working...
                                X