Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we going to see any more innovation in the effects world?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by Phil O'Keefe
    View Post

Yeah, it's been a bit chaotic, but I can come up for air once in a while - I might be able to break free tomorrow if you have some time available.

Are you gonna be stuck on the NAMM floor?

Comment

I'll definitely be at NAMM. I think I'm staying at the Marriott this year. I'm there for the entire duration, from Wednesday through Sunday.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

View Post

Yes, we'll see more. What, when... I dunno... but I'm absolutely certain that innovation isn't dead yet.

this!

i bet the builders got enough unreleased/new ideas on the drawing boards...
        Good Deals with: CM1000, Hides-His-Eyes, HeartfeltDawn, Kayzer, kpd78, Neoflox, Sikor, SilenceSketches, Snufkino a. WAWBanks... !!"Sometimes you've got to stand out to fit in."

Comment

Underwear pedals.
          WARNING: TC Electronics Pedals Are NOT REPAIRABLE. Instead of fixing my switch they wanted to charge me $72 plus shipping on a $99 pedal to replace all electronics, when only the switch was defective. This is their blanket repair policy on ALL repairs. They have no replacement switches. The switch is on the board so substituting a different switch can't work. Do not buy pedals from companies that cannot repair their own switches.

Comment

View Post

I'll definitely be at NAMM. I think I'm staying at the Marriott this year. I'm there for the entire duration, from Wednesday through Sunday.

Ugh... Anaheim during NAMM. Stef and I are heading down. We probably wont be in Anaheim much at all, maybe Saturday. We are gonna just meet with friends down there, you included, but if you're working we're waiting until after the show.

Comment

The future of sound recognition software is full of potential for innovation in music technology and effects.

Comment

The future of sound recognition software is full of potential for innovation in music technology and effects.

Trigger events by sound rather than by touch or moving parts.

Comment

It's very possible innovations happen often but no one sees it. If the creator isn't a major company, or doesn't make boxes with the right pretty paint job or say the right things including comparisons to popular classic effects, most people don't notice. It's just like music, really.
                  --------------------------------------------------------------
                  www.spenceramps.com

Comment

I wanna see pedals for keyboards. Not choruses obviously but dirt that sounds good - no, amazing on Grand as well as Electric Piano. Feedbackers, harmonics generators, whammy pedals, anything that could animate or morph keys sounds.
                    Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by spentron
                      View Post

It's very possible innovations happen often but no one sees it. If the creator isn't a major company, or doesn't make boxes with the right pretty paint job or say the right things including comparisons to popular classic effects, most people don't notice.

damn feels like i got run-over by public opinion and the past, then thewn under the bus...
                      changes come w/ the whether...

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by TomVanDeven
                        View Post

The question really is "what else do you WANT them to do?!"

I think in the future, AU/RTAS/VST capable pedals will be available and make alot of really good sounding stuff instantly accessable. Oh, and hog 2.

in the early 2000's a bunch of concrete skateparks were designed and built in the phoenix area. the designers and construction supervisors were all skaters, and were building with a passion. they started off small, building the things they liked to skate when they were younger; but then they took a different approach. they wanted to challenge the new crop of skaters and see what they could do with structures that they never had, different lines and transitions, bigger, more difficult.

some pedal makers are doing this already. zvex for sure.
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by woolyh
                          View Post

Also the Devi Ever Console is coming out next year, a lot of potential to be great.

Sure it is.
                          Russian DolphinsBandcamp -Â****http://russiandolphins.bandcamp.com/Soundcloud -Â****https://soundcloud.com/russiandolphins

Comment

Ha, I was reading an article by the BBC the other week about Kickstarter projects that get funded and never get produced.

I didn't realise the people who run the Kickstarter project are under no obligation to actually deliver a product so if the project goes over budget or it can't be finished for any reason everyone loses their money and gets nothing
                            Originally Posted by RoboPimp

doesn't everyone have a psychedelic dungeon?

Cool people : Tengo, jah_vengeance, Supernova9, scott_tele, 21rush12, HeartfeltDawn, Kaz2550, Kayzer, daysofspeed, kpd78, RoboPimp, jrkirkish, WAWBanks, PerFusionist, Pointer, wiklund87, tubezipper, Foamoi_refreshe, melx, JRBain, arcaneaether, Barnaby, Hardly, strtdv, sh333, RadioSilence, deftoneboy, Poltergeist, Snufkino, Mogwai, Soapbars, fuzzface71, JDE and loads more...

Comment

An open standard for third party DSP like VST or AU but built for live audio hardware. Like an iStomp kind of thing open to third party developers (or perhaps even open source).
                              Good deals with: woolyh, kaz2550, fruvai, english_bob, daysofspeed, gambit, matchpoint (twice), SilenceSketches.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by woolyh
                                View Post

Ha, I was reading an article by the BBC the other week about Kickstarter projects that get funded and never get produced.

I didn't realise the people who run the Kickstarter project are under no obligation to actually deliver a product so if the project goes over budget or it can't be finished for any reason everyone loses their money and gets nothing

thats terrible, I knew it was F'd but I didnt know that much
                                O)))

Comment

Working...
                                X