mini wah pedal...

NewRiggins

didn't dod make 1 years back fx-17 or sumpin, dude gave me 1 once for sum bud, and then i gave it to dude, shortly there after for a ac equiped mxr 117...

Yup, the FX-17 is a wah volume. A lot of people really like them. Cool pedal, but long discontinued. They're compact, but not nearly as small as the Japanese Girl or Chi Wah Wah.

• Members

The main disadvantage of this one is the inability to use it as a fixed filter - parked and locked wah is way too important to me, but probably not to everyone. Still, it's a very useful tool.

This is pretty cool actually, I can see one being used for 'bedroom practice'. But, I too like the parked wah sound, and I like my filters and 'auto-wahs'. I have 'found' (and I use that term loosely because obviously it has probably been done before) a great way of using filters infront of a compressor to take out those harsh peaks. I am currently getting a great auto-wah type effect this way that is very usable, with a AW-3. Which most people would over look (and granted without the compressor it isn't anything special), but with the CS-2 I am currently using it works a charm. It also has a tap tempo feature which is very handy!

Edit: I also find that going into the bass input of a filter or auto produces much nicer and usable effects in a live situation.

I have just ordered a Wilson effects funk factory and I can't wait to get my hands on it!!

• Members

Thanks for the replies guys. I guess I should have been more specific as to wanting your recommendations rather than asking if they exist, so as to avoid having to put any douches on my ignore list. Hell, it was damn near 3 am though.

I like that Chi Wah Wah's size, but yeah, used the wah parked myself a lot. In particular, we do a couple UFO tunes that I park it on. The Japanese Girl wah looks to be about perfect though. Anyone have any practical experience with it?

Thanks again for the positive responses.

• Members

Thanks for the replies guys. I guess I should have been more specific as to wanting your recommendations rather than asking if they exist, so as to avoid having to put any douches on my ignore list. Hell, it was damn near 3 am though.

I like that Chi Wah Wah's size, but yeah, used the wah parked myself a lot. In particular, we do a couple UFO tunes that I park it on. The Japanese Girl wah looks to be about perfect though. Anyone have any practical experience with it?

Thanks again for the positive responses.

I think with the parked wah sound you're going to have to keep full sized, but the ibanez is a smaller, yet still very usable wah. Do you just not have the space on the board? I hate how much room my EB volume takes up, but it makes up for it many times throughout any gigs I play, and also with reliability.

• Members

Did u look at google results?

I did

morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely ...

• Members

The main disadvantage of this one is the inability to use it as a fixed filter - parked and locked wah is way too important to me, but probably not to everyone. Still, it's a very useful tool.

That's what I keep on my board as my main wah. If I want parked Q I go with a Clyde.

• Members

I think with the parked wah sound you're going to have to keep full sized,
but the ibanez is a smaller, yet still very usable wah. Do you just not have the space on the board? I hate how much room my EB volume takes up, but it makes up for it many times throughout any gigs I play, and also with reliability.

If you have the cash you can always get a Keeley Nova Wah or some other parked wah pedal. I use it with my Wah Probe and love it.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Prehistoricpain View Post
I think with the parked wah sound you're going to have to keep full sized, but the ibanez is a smaller, yet still very usable wah. Do you just not have the space on the board? I hate how much room my EB volume takes up, but it makes up for it many times throughout any gigs I play, and also with reliability.
I really am trying to downsize my current board. Right now it has a 3 space rack, as well as 6 pretty standard sized pedals, a digitech control 7 and a wah. It weighs a ton and is both long and tall.

If you have the cash you can always get a Keeley Nova Wah or some other parked wah pedal. I use it with my Wah Probe and love it.
this gave me an epiphany though, I could rehouse one of my junk dunlop wahs in a standard pedal box (have a couple), basically making it a parked wah without the treadle.

Makes the Chi Wah Wah much more of a viable alternative, Thanks again you guys!

Archived